Premiership Play Off Semi Final

Guest Back Post Misses

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the day we haven't been good enough to go up. Technically we have some really good players but as a team we don't have enough drive, self belief or spirit. Falkirk on the other hand know exactly how to play to their strengths and totally deserve to go up after this season.

Next week will be another Hampden nightmare I fear as I reckon our players are mentally and physically broken now. I'd love to wrong but just can't see it.

Stubbs will be away after the final of that I'm sure.

Hibs will have to cut their cloth a bit but 2 finals, numerous TV games and a bit of cash for Cummings at least will still leave us fine. Will still have the biggest budget in the League, albeit clearly that is no guarantee of success.

I will reiterate a well done to Falkirk. A phenomenal team spirit and determination from them. They deserve to go up.

Something doesnt add up if only a few month ago there was another share issue, the budget given to Stubbs obviously weighs too heavy in the wrong column.

One cup final has most clubs cash rich overflow if the budgets are planned in a correct manner, two cup finals is Christmas coming twice.

They must be paying some seriously daft wages including a four figure sum thats going towards Stokes wage, the man thats fecked your season. 2 goals in 12 games, we have defenders with a better return rate and his contribution against us reads, two yellow cards for stupid foul play, a shot that nearly hit the corner flag, wayward passing especially last night, one real poor miss and a couple of half chance misses and that's us missing our best centre half.

In regard to ourselves, said it pre the first tie, that if we win, we will win as a team and if Hibs win, it will be one of their individuals that win it for them. Hibs dont have a team ethic, all our players have everyone's back as we win or lose as a team.

In all my years of watching Falkirk tho, I have never seen a team with the knack of fighting till the end. All the games bar the Ross County one, we have been in and may have had at least a draw on another day in all of them, Im far more used to taking at least a few batterings over a season, not this team.

Onwards we go, tho to have the first game on the same night of the Darts premier league final is a bit poor planning if you ask me....!!!

Good luck in the cup, with Stokes in the starting 11 you will need it

Something doesnt add up if only a few month ago there was another share issue, the budget given to Stubbs obviously weighs too heavy in the wrong column.

One cup final has most clubs cash rich overflow if the budgets are planned in a correct manner, two cup finals is Christmas coming twice.

They must be paying some seriously daft wages including a four figure sum thats going towards Stokes wage, the man thats fecked your season. 2 goals in 12 games, we have defenders with a better return rate and his contribution against us reads, two yellow cards for stupid foul play, a shot that nearly hit the corner flag, wayward passing especially last night, one real poor miss and a couple of half chance misses and that's us missing our best centre half.

In regard to ourselves, said it pre the first tie, that if we win, we will win as a team and if Hibs win, it will be one of their individuals that win it for them. Hibs dont have a team ethic, all our players have everyone's back as we win or lose as a team.

In all my years of watching Falkirk tho, I have never seen a team with the knack of fighting till the end. All the games bar the Ross County one, we have been in and may have had at least a draw on another day in all of them, Im far more used to taking at least a few batterings over a season, not this team.

Onwards we go, tho to have the first game on the same night of the Darts premier league final is a bit poor planning if you ask me....!!!

Stokes has played well generally but hasn't scored the goals we thought he would so yes ultimately (unless he scores the winner in the final) it has not been a successful transfer.

Think Stubbs will be gone regardless of the final result and I'm pretty sure Stuart McCall will be out new manager. Would be happy enough with that as he has a far more pragmatic outlook and knows the Scottish game.

I genuinely wish Falkirk all the best too. For all the banter in here, I have a few friends who are fans and they are a good, well ran club who deserve the success they are getting now.

two big points shown in the highlights there

1) how the falkirk boy stays on after giving away the penalty is beyond me, clear goalscoring opportunity imo

2) Cummings shot that smacks the bar, keeper gets a touch on it i think, had he not then its a goal and games over, great save

Stokes was a tremendous player when he was with us. What's happened to him?
There's no doubt he has ability but he looks a shadow of the player he was.

Stokes has played well generally but hasn't scored the goals we thought he would so yes ultimately (unless he scores the winner in the final) it has not been a successful transfer.

Think Stubbs will be gone regardless of the final result and I'm pretty sure Stuart McCall will be out new manager. Would be happy enough with that as he has a far more pragmatic outlook and knows the Scottish game.

I genuinely wish Falkirk all the best too. For all the banter in here, I have a few friends who are fans and they are a good, well ran club who deserve the success they are getting now.

Of course, Stubbs isn't great, but he (like the eejit George Craig) are merely symptoms of the real issue which is Petrie and Dempster. Both are clueless, and both have highly questionable managerial skills. Once both are gone (and their sycophants with them), then Hibs can go about getting things right. It's not difficult, they simply have lousy people in the important roles.

Tick tock :lol:

Where's the chap that wanted the £1000 bet??

after all the calling us out as shitebags...saying a grand is f**k all to him (ser)...arranging to meet a few mentioning Grangemouth constantly & generally being a late night drunken irritating little shit stain....he appears to have fucked of

after all the calling us out as shitebags...saying a grand is f**k all to him (ser)...arranging to meet a few mentioning Grangemouth constantly & generally being a late night drunken irritating little shit stain....he appears to have fucked of

Did anyone take our David up on his bet? In the spirit of things I'll donate £20 to a charity of Rugsters choice the day after my erm bairn is born.

At the end of the day we haven't been good enough to go up. Technically we have some really good players but as a team we don't have enough drive, self belief or spirit. Falkirk on the other hand know exactly how to play to their strengths and totally deserve to go up after this season.

Next week will be another Hampden nightmare I fear as I reckon our players are mentally and physically broken now. I'd love to wrong but just can't see it.

Stubbs will be away after the final of that I'm sure.

I think your spot on here...you have a few very talented individuals....of which mcginn is the best of...& hibs are capable of sustained spells of high pressure...we should have been buried after 70 minutes....I think mcgeoch going off paid in the end for us...looks like he's just one of those constantly injury prone players....as is Bob mchugh

Did anyone take our David up on his bet? In the spirit of things I'll donate £20 to a charity of Rugsters choice the day after my erm bairn is born.

:lol:

Your sooking the arse act is absolutely nauseating. 

:lol:

Your sooking the arse act is absolutely nauseating.

Why would I sook? It's been fun and games all season but ultimately I don't really care in comparison to real life. It's sunny and I'm down under the rail bridge having a pint with the family :) Falkirk won, we lost. No complaints over a season. We need a new manager and after all te shite I've spewed in relation to the two sides I'm happy to donate to a charity suggested by a Falkirk in the same boat as me at this moment in time.

Why would I sook? It's been fun and games all season but ultimately I don't really care in comparison to real life. It's sunny and I'm down under the rail bridge having a pint with the family :) Falkirk won, we lost. No complaints over a season. We need a new manager and after all te shite I've spewed in relation to the two sides I'm happy to donate to a charity suggested by a Falkirk in the same boat as me at this moment in time.

Good on ye son. I always felt that shankly was talkkng pish. Footballs only a game at the rnd of the day.

Good on ye son. I always felt that shankly was talkkng pish. Footballs only a game at the rnd of the day.

Wasn't like that last night buddy. Wee one sitting in her pram trying to eat her shoe with a face full of ice cream puts things into perspective.

Archived