Premiership Play Off Semi Final

Guest Back Post Misses

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can say what you like about Scottish football but these play offs are brilliant (and its summer ) .>Well played Falkirk, that was some end to a game..Good luck in the final as i reckon you will be a welcome addition to the top league..

Nah, shite ground in the middle of nowhere. Very disappointing.

A new contract for Stubbs would be the stuff of dreams for all non-Hibs fans. Absolute car crash of a manager. Another good reason to hope Hibs win the Scottish.

Looking at the highlights again I'm questioning Danny Rogers for the header. Was from much further out than I thought and he seemed to be badly out of position, scrambling about like a drunk looking for his wallet. Hibs defending for the winner was comical as well, though the winner was a much better strike than I'd thought. And the penalty was even more stupid than I reckoned at the time. Not convinced at all that w**k Keatings would have scored. Should have let him shoot. Enjoy the Championship next season you ear cupping scrote.

I hate the condescending "good luck for the future" pish that comes from a victorious team's fans.

I hate teams that consistantly spend money they don't have & stiff creditors, multiple times, to the detriment of your competitors. But hey, good luck with your future.

That, before last night, this season there were four draws out of five games between these two sides, & the other decided by dubious penalty. Only showed how little there was between the teams.

That they were separated only by goal difference, after the final round of ties. It pretty much came down to an injury time winner to split them.

Another spectacular 'Hibsing' that we should have prevented.

We got a penalty this time around, but I feel that a red card should have been shown.

It was frightening how wobbly we look even when we're well on-top of the game. If we had the composure that Falkirk had, we could have closed the game out, but we don't and tried to rush another goal. We also tried to rush our defensive duties which resulted in Gray failing to adhere to a basic principle of defending: don't clear the ball to the edge of your box. Thump! Goal! A bit more thumping in defence would have prevented the third too, but we tried to grapple & dispossess rather than boot the ball out of play at every opportunity. Falkirk deserved to come second, but I don't think they deserved to go through. Still, when you cannot do the basics when required then you don't deserve to win anything when punished.

Congratulations Falkirk, massive scenes and a chance for promotion - I hope you get promoted as I don't fancy another season trying to compete with the Bairns again!

I would be astounded if any Hibs fan was surprised at that. I wouldn't be surprised if Hibs' seasons & games are scripted.

Another dramatic episode in the comedic soap opera that is Hibernian Football Club Club.

To add to this, it looked as though the winner came from a foul throw?  :shutup

It's clutching at straws and an additional excuse, but it may be a more consequential incident than the rest.

Match officials' decisions aside, I felt that Alan Stubbs made a significant decision before the game; dropping Cummings for Keatings was a massive call. Keatings took his goals well and is probably more clinical than Cummings, in terms of shots:goals. A target man like Malonga or El Alagui would have been useful, if they were still available. Players that were available and should have been used were Gunnarsson and, to a lesser extent, Fontaine. We could have wedged Fontaine between McGregor & Hanlon to deal with Falkirk's [successful] punts into the box, towards the end of the game. I don't believe Gunnarsson would have made the same mistakes as Gray; he would have offered more in defence against Falkirk's flighted balls into the box.

Hibs should have played it simple and solidified the defence with Fontaine and/or Gunnarsson - when Falkirk began playing it simple and aiming for our centre-backs. Even though this would have risked extra-time with an extra defender on, we would have fared much better in situations that led to Falkirk's late goals. Hibs pushed for a third goal to kill off the tie - but we often played through Fyvie, who would dispossess himself, and Bartley, who looked uncharacteristically uncomfortable. Stubbs undone his pre-match wizardry by making Cummings reappear, rather than conjuring another defender; now we are set for a longer spell in the Championship and the curse of Hibernian continues…

r4JFoEN.gif

We're cash rich, can see a few new signings coming in the summer. When a club like Hibernian come calling, not many players can turn them down.

Cash rich you say? how does that square with leanne's recent quote in the national press that hibs are on course to lose "at least 800k" same as last season? You haven't got bernie madoff doing the accounts as well as the share scheme have you?

Archived