Premiership Play Off Semi Final

Guest Back Post Misses

I don't rate Stubbs even slightly, but to be fair if Cummings puts that 30-odd yard screamer in instead of melting it off the crossbar he's a hero and it looks like a genius decision to bring him on. I reckon throwing on Fontaine could have caused even more issues as he's a total liability. We've lost countless goals this season trying to sit back and see the game out and I think you lot would have suffered a similar fate. For the McHugh goal your big problem was that 3 players went with Miller leaving a big space in the middle, roughly the same as the equaliser for us in April at Easter Road. 

On the plus side for you, Cummings started at Raith trying to score from a yard, then he tried from the penalty spot, now from 35 yards he hits the bar. Maybe he just needs to start hitting it from the halfway line and it'll be on target.

I said Fontaine and/or Gunnarsson as Gunnarsson has been by far the better option this season. Fontaine could have caused more issues, as he has been shaky this season, but he would have been a better body to have in the box than most. Gunnarsson should have been the player brought on instead of Cummings. He has been reliable in defence, strong in the air and doesn't get caught facing his own goal in the box. Gunnarsson & McGregor have offered the performances that have been missing from Gray & Fontaine this season. Some blame could be directed at Logan, who was shouting at Gray to head the ball outward, for Falkirk's second. It is great having a more commanding keeper than Oxley, but it just takes a split-second to give a costly direction.

Perhaps you're correct in saying that we would have still conceded by sitting back, but I disagree. We were already putting ourselves under pressure by gifting the ball away and rushing the game. It may be the antithesis of Stubbs' sides, but I think we should have closed our defensive third for the last fifteen minutes. I still feel we were also unfortunate with decisions in both games and I'm not sure if I'm entirely against Stubbs yet. Stubbs is potentially about to face his greatest challenge in what could be our greatest game, though there will be even more considerable challenges for the club in the coming seasons.

I think other teams' fans overestimate Cummings: they aren't watching him on a weekly basis. His record against the TheRangers is unquestionably good, but I would like to see how he ranks amongst his peers in terms of shots-on-goal to goals-scored.

I think this works better than the .gif I posted:

Enjoy.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't like that last night buddy. Wee one sitting in her pram trying to eat her shoe with a face full of ice cream puts things into perspective.

I reckon there'd be a few falkirk fans trying to do that late last night. Some were in a real state.

:lol: not recently mate.

:lol:

Tbf to the Hibs boiz on here they aren't blaming the red etc like a few of my mates. Stubbs cost you that game, Houston changed the game with his subs, stubbs just swapped strikers when they didn't need a goal.

Good riddance to the most hated man in Scottish football

I think our managements celebrations tell the whole story

As a neutral, Houston is as big a bawbag as Stubbs but he has done brilliant this season.

I'm hoping Falkirk go up because if you's don't you's will be heavy title favourites next season where as Kilmarnock, United and Hibs could all be in turmoil.

:lol:

Tbf to the Hibs boiz on here they aren't blaming the red etc like a few of my mates. Stubbs cost you that game, Houston changed the game with his subs, stubbs just swapped strikers when they didn't need a goal.

Agreed. It wasnae the ref that couldn't head a ball out our box at the death again. Weak defending and an inability to take chances was our downfall. That starts with the coaching and players purchased then selected. Just not good enough in the end.

A huge congratulations to Falkirk for finishing second and then beating Hibs.

Hibs' players should be ashamed of their efforts in the League. To finish third was a very poor effort and ultimately cost them.

With the players that they have at their disposal they should have comfortably got second and should have been able to run Rangers very close. A completely gutless campaign typical of Hibs. I would be surprised if many of their star players fancy another season in the Championship wilderness and we could well see a mass exodus.

As a neutral, Houston is as big a bawbag as Stubbs but he has done brilliant this season.

I'm hoping Falkirk go up because if you's don't you's will be heavy title favourites next season where as Kilmarnock, United and Hibs could all be in turmoil.

At least Houstie gives some praise to the opposition though. With stubbs its always something else that causes the problem. Its never his team being shit or the opposition actually playing well against them.

Guest Back Post Misses

If that had gone in there would be huge question marks over the keeper tbf.

On the cup final money, it might be a lot of money to smaller clubs, but I'm not sure it is a huge sum for a club the size of Hibs, seem to remember Saints not getting that much from the cup final.

How much do think Hibs turnover £6m tops I would guess.

Two cup finals and the runs to those finals will net Hibs over £1.5m. That is 25% of their turnover. It is a big number for Hibs.

Don't think that was a red card for McCracken as some folk have suggested because the boy is going away from goal if McCracken had stayed goal side of him and on his feet instead of putting in a challenge a 3 year old wouldn't make he might not have even got a shot away or at least it would have been right of the defender. 

Why would I sook? It's been fun and games all season but ultimately I don't really care in comparison to real life. It's sunny and I'm down under the rail bridge having a pint with the family :) Falkirk won, we lost. No complaints over a season. We need a new manager and after all te shite I've spewed in relation to the two sides I'm happy to donate to a charity suggested by a Falkirk in the same boat as me at this moment in time.

Fooling nobody.

Hope your scummy mob crash and burn.

Better than any sextape

The sound of the ball thudding off the post after McHugh curled his right boot around the ball, followed by a split second of silence before scenes took place. 

Sutton commenting something along the lines of 'They ain't coming back from that......'  :lol:

Don't think that was a red card for McCracken as some folk have suggested because the boy is going away from goal if McCracken had stayed goal side of him and on his feet instead of putting in a challenge a 3 year old wouldn't make he might not have even got a shot away or at least it would have been right of the defender.

Totally agree with this. I think it was a half chance he would have been left with.

Archived