Lindsay

?

Welsh

Fraser

?

Erskine

?

Doolan

By my reckoning that's who we have signed up for next year that could conceivably start in those positions. It's a far better looking jigsaw than it was about a month ago.

I'm assuming Booth staying won't be a problem (unless he's already on a longer deal and I've just missed it). Keeping Seaborne, Osman, Bannigan and Lawless would be great as well, but I'd say it's more likely we lose a couple of them. If Seaborne does go I'm undecided on whether or not I'd prefer Frans or someone totally new - I guess we'll see how Freddie plays in the next few games. Amoo I'm not too fussed about but I'd try and get him for another year. I think Lawless will stay - hopefully for longer than his standard 1-year deal as well. Bannigan and Osman are no brainers, but Banzo is away.

Edited by Nightmare

Surprised and delighted in equal measure that we've managed to keep Cerny for the next two years. Behind the scenes, we must be very confident of staying out of the relegation mix this season to be offering these deals.

By my reckoning, we now have Dools and Erskine signed until 2019; Cerny, Dumbuya and Nisbet signed until 2018; Lindsay, Welsh, Fraser, Christie and McDaid signed up for next season. Add to that the real possibility of Booth and Lawless signing new deals in the coming weeks, along with allegedly trying to extend Lindsay's deal even further, this is potentially the most continuity that I've ever known in a Thistle team.

Is this what supporting a successful team feels like?

Surprised and delighted in equal measure that we've managed to keep Cerny for the next two years. Behind the scenes, we must be very confident of staying out of the relegation mix this season to be offering these deals.

By my reckoning, we now have Dools and Erskine signed until 2019; Cerny, Dumbuya and Nisbet signed until 2018; Lindsay, Welsh, Fraser, Christie and McDaid signed up for next season. Add to that the real possibility of Booth and Lawless signing new deals in the coming weeks, along with allegedly trying to extend Lindsay's deal even further, this is potentially the most continuity that I've ever known in a Thistle team.

I expect that all of these new deals will have trapdoor clauses in them for both the club and the player, but it feels good to be acting like we belong in the top tier and the confidence of the board and the management is to be admired. Now we need the team to perform and to reverse the slow start against Dundee.

It would also be good to see more people at Firhill every fortnight. The potential is there, as it always has been.

To complete the spine of the team we need Seabo and Osman to sign on for 2-3 years. Archie then has the ability to use Cerny, Seabo, Dumbya, Osman, Dools as a great core leadership of the team. If he can get Lindsay and Booth also signed then I agree this would mean a less stressful summer. It's all quite exciting.

With Elliot, Edwards and a fit Fraser we may not need more than 1-2 bodies in this January.

We need to capitalize on the bad form of Accies and try to get some distance from them and Killie. I do think we've got better squads than both.

Great time to be a jags fan. Good work Archie.

That's great news for Thistle. Good to see the board backing your manager and team in this way. It's certainly benefitted us over the last 4 or 5 years, hopefully you'll see the benefit long term.

Or that the Weirs have said they'll continue to back us even in the event of relegation.

Either way, it is great to know that even if we were relegated (which I think is unlikely) we'd have a decent lineup ready to try and bounce back immediately. I'm sure the likes of Cerny and Dumbuya will have a clause in their contracts in which they have an option to leave if we go down, and I'd be amazed if we kept either of them in those circumstances, but every other player we have on a longer deal would stay, I'd imagine.

Also forgot Welsh was signed up for next season. I'll edit him into my rubbish formation setup. Ideally Welsh and Fraser wouldn't be our midfield pairing next season but still.

Booth is already signed up I got told once he hit a certain amount of appearances this generated another year on his contract

very happy if that's the case. If we get osman and seaborne signed up we have a great spine to the team. I personally think lawless will sign a new deal mostly down to archie sticking by him after the crap at the start of season but time will tell.

While I don't want to lose Bannigan, I don't think it's the end of the World if he goes. Osman absolutely needs to be signed up. We've seen how terrible we are without him. Unless Archie has another replacement in the wings like he's done before, then offer him whatever it takes to stay with us. Whatever it takes.

I'd agree with that. We were concerned when Osbourne didn't work out but managed to get a better player in Osman. I'm sure it's possible to get another similar quality player in that position but I think it's really important to have consistency through the squad, especially in such an important position, which is the same with the goalkeeper and I'm delighted about Cerny's extension. Like a lot of people, he was the player I wanted us to keep the most, and it shows how much we've progressed as a club in the last couple of years if we're able to keep players of his quality and have them on board for so long.