The Partick Thistle thread

Not a chance of Balatoni returning thankfully. He's nowhere near good enough for this league

I don't want to see Higginbotham back either. There's a reason why he's had so many clubs in such a short time. He's a liability.

I can't think of another club whose fans obsess over ex-players as much as we do.

Edited by Hammer Jag

Bring back Steven Craig.

Fwiw, I wouldn't mind seeing Higginbotham back, as he's a game changer and that's what we sorely missed this season. Thankfully we have Erskine coming in, which means Higginbotham would be more of a nice additional piece than a necessity, but I still wouldn't mind having him again next year.

Higgy, Erskine, Lawless in behind Doolan would be great to watch.

Motherwell love an ex player too.

Said a couple of weeks ago re Higgy, he's pretty much had 2.5/3 meh seasons at this level plus a similar spell with motherwell.

If you could guarantee you'd get the Higgy of Feb - may 2014 you'd take him in an instant but that's looking more like a blip than anything else.

Apparently it's going to be decided this week who stays and goes from that Killie squad so I suppose we'll see if there's a chance.

Bring back Steven Craig.

Fwiw, I wouldn't mind seeing Higginbotham back, as he's a game changer and that's what we sorely missed this season. Thankfully we have Erskine coming in, which means Higginbotham would be more of a nice additional piece than a necessity, but I still wouldn't mind having him again next year.

Higgy, Erskine, Lawless in behind Doolan would be great to watch.

Agreed, would like to see him back but definitely not a 'must have'.

No chance I'd take Balatoni back. Apart for a couple months towards the end of his last season, he was a bonbscare.

Would take Higgy back but he'd be wanting more money than he deserves so would look elsewhere

I wasn't particularly bothered when Higginbotham left us

as he'd had a poor season generally and when the team were struggling that year he'd mope around the pitch like a huffy teenager. The prospect of him returning after a season of struggling to get a start in a shite Kilmarnock team hardly sets the pulse racing. Sometimes being good at football just isn't enough. 

The only thing I'd put in Higgy's favour if he was to come back is that the form of his career at this level thus far came at a time where we also had Erskine on loan from Dundee Utd and Archie might think he's worth a punt on that basis but I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

I'd also expect if Frans joins Seaborne in leaving we'd ideally be looking at someone with a bit of experience to partner Lindsay. The thought of Balatoni coming back to partner Lindsay is terrifying.

I'd take Ashcroft. I'd also take Slater (no chance) and Johnson (although not sure what state his knees in) Would maybe be interested in Connelly too, but only if he proves fitness.

Majority of this is based on confidence Archie would get more from them than Locke / Clarke did.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

If Higginbotham could consistently play at the level he was at in January-May 2014 he'd be a high-end English Championship player. What ultimately held him back was firstly his petulance. If he didn't have any options on the ball, he'd do something stupid like just hooking the ball blindly over his shoulder and ultimately back to the opposition. Or he'd pick up a stupid booking or red card - his sending off at Dingwall ~18 months ago is one of the handful of times I've stood up and went fucking mental at someone during a match.

Second was a daft habit with his first touch were he tried a wee flick thing that did him no favours at all, and would usually slow down attacks.

But even then, his assist numbers (if not his goals) were outstanding in his last season with us, and weren't replicated by anyone else this season - as such we finished with a significantly worse number of goals scored compared to 2014-15. He also more or less earned Killie a point at Firhill on his own in the 2-2 game. I'm inclined to think his lack of form for them afterwards is due to the state they were in and their hammer-throwing style of football.

It's all trivial anyway, he probably wouldn't sign for us again.

Balatoni and Higgy are the past. We move forward and are better team without them. Archie has brought in better players and a better dressing room atmosphere.

We don't need them back. It's a backward step and concerning if we do.

Erskine is one player that is a former player who would make us better and bring value. He's a Jags man. Loves the fans and the club.