The Partick Thistle thread

There was some great stuff organised years ago, I think at the time some guys re-launched the Jags Trust (and for that short little window where it was a useful driver of fan engagement). I recall a good Q&A at the CCA for example, and I think they arranged a screening of our Tennent's Sixes win. Definitely a good idea, just needs people who are willing and able to organise it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

If frans seabo and miller are off id take balatoni as a back up player! Hes no great but if it wasnt for cerny i dont think our defensive record would have been very goodd this year. Will archie take higgy back ? I dont think having Erskine and higgy would be a bad thing especially if lawless is away. The 3 of them together ? That would be nice to see. Althoughh higgys an arsehole so ... N

They might be happy for someone just to take over their remaining contract.

Killie will be lucky to get such generous offers for players they don't want and need to get off the payroll. A pay-off, aka an "undisclosed fee", or subsidised loans will probably be required to shift them. 

Apparently we're playing Cirencester Town in a friendly on Wed 29th July. They're from near Swindon so I'm guessing we'll be having a training camp down that way.

Apparently we're playing Cirencester Town in a friendly on Wed 29th July. They're from near Swindon so I'm guessing we'll be having a training camp down that way.

Lovely little Cotswolds town, it would make a good away trip I'm sure.

I'd heard the squad were going down somewhere near Bath so that'd make sense.

. It would be better if we could organise the English friendlies for Saturdays like Blyth and Durham were. Eastleigh was a decent day out but was really a waste of 2 days holiday. 

^^^ that guy

Would also guess any pre season games will be out the way before the LC starts on the 16th July

<<< also that guy

edit: if it's 9th July that's a Saturday. Could be good.

Edited by Fuctifano

Made the mistake of joining the Partick Thistle Supporters Facebook group a few weeks back - oh dear, they're quite a dramatic bunch, aren't they?

Joined it. Promptly left it.

Dave 'Dragon' Stewart = welt.

A guy has been adding members of the group as friends on Facebook. He's then went onto a lad's profile, added his Mrs and sent her creepy private mails at 2 in the morning.

Edited by Hammer Jag

A couple of candidates spring to mind. Heard stories of a few female Thistle supporters receiving "how's you" or "what you up to" type messages via FB.

More likely to get a couple of million from naming your stand after him than someone like Dave McParland, John Lambie or Danny Lennon.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/may_2016/colin_weir_becomes_first_ever_patron_of_partick_thistle

It reads more like it's a thank you to him rather than something we're getting extra cash for. Could've just named the bing after him if it's just a gesture.