The Partick Thistle thread

On learning of the patronage on Friday night, Colin said: "It was a very emotional night. I am honoured to accept the invitation to become the club's patron. But the naming of the stand was beyond anything I could have dreamed of more than 50 years ago when I sat there watching my beloved Jags. Looking forward, I'm excited by our prospects for next season - Mon the Jags!"

Reading between the lines I can see a summer spending spree. Mikael Mandron is about to kick start his journey to football stardom.

Thank you Colin x

On learning of the patronage on Friday night, Colin said: "It was a very emotional night. I am honoured to accept the invitation to become the club's patron. But the naming of the stand was beyond anything I could have dreamed of more than 50 years ago when I sat there watching my beloved Jags. Looking forward, I'm excited by our prospects for next season - Mon the Jags!"

Reading between the lines I can see a summer spending spree. Mikael Mandron is about to kick start his journey to football stardom.

Thank you Colin x

Hopefully means we can spend big and get our main targets, such as Lee Kilday and that striker playing non-league football down south #warchest

Main stand being renamed the Colin Weir Stand.

No harm to the guy and I'm sure he's put a few quid in but surely the club can come up with someone more fitting of having a stand named after them than Colin Weir? 

Just like a season ticket: give us your money and we'll provide you with something that's either utterly brilliant or in danger of falling on its arse when a strong wind blows.

Edited by Dr Koop

Hopefully means we can spend big and get our main targets, such as Lee Kilday and that striker playing non-league football down south #warchest

I'd much rather he got shot of the development company crowd and launched a public/fans subscription drive to renovate Firhill.

Group E

Partick Thistle

Queen of the South

Stenhousemuir

Queen's Park

Airdrieonians

The group of Meh...

Come of cracking away days/ evenings :wub:

Edited by jagfox99

I saw someone mention in the Cup forum that it might mirror the old Europa League format of the top seed playing the 2nd and 3rd away, which would mean a definite trip to Dumfries, but I'm not sure, seeing as after the top two nobody else was actually seeded.

Queens x2 away with Stenny and Airdrie at home, please.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/may_2016/jags_future_is_bright_as_academy_funding_extended

d91.gif

edit: A further £500,000 donated to our youth setup, meaning the Weir's have given us £1.25 million in total so far. Unbelievable sums for a club our size to be getting gratis!

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/may_2016/jags_future_is_bright_as_academy_funding_extended

d91.gif

edit: A further £500,000 donated to our youth setup, meaning the Weir's have given us £1.25 million in total so far. Unbelievable sums for a club our size to be getting gratis!

They have given £1.25 million to the Thistle Weir set up.  Your forgetting on top of that they have also gave money to the club last year to enable us to be debt free so it will be more than £1.25 million I would think