The Partick Thistle thread

Loving the optimism, but we need to change things from last season if we are going to make progress. Erskine might be one of the catalysts for that, with his directness, but we need a box to box Jackson Irvine type midfielder that will chip in with goals. 

We were very close to the top 6. If we hadn't been so shite at the start of the season then we would have made it.

We do need to replace Bannigan with a decent signing though. Welsh is fucking shite.

Really happy that Lawless has signed, as I felt he's been one of the few who could be the difference in the tight games. It also seems to point to a stable and happy team that hasn't been evident since Archie and Shaggy were playing.

As a middie, QP's Vinniesta Berry has been doing really well. He doesn't get many goals, plays more with slippers but is a great passer and goes box to box. Would not mind at all if we showed interest in him. Anyway, we'll get to see how he measures up when we play them soon?

*edit spellung

Edited by Kilganalogue

Really happy that Lawless has signed, as I felt he's been one of the few who could be the difference in the tight games. It also seems to point to a stable and happy team that hasn't been evident since Archie and Shaggy were playing.

As a middie, QP's Vinniesta Berry has been doing really well. He doesn't get many goals, plays more with slippers but is a great passer and goes box to box. Would not mind at all if we showed interest in him. Anyway, we'll get to see how he measures up when we play them soon?

*edit spellung

Is he not almost 30 and has spent the vast majority of his career in the juniors?

I've got a feeling Lawless will re-sign. He's just had another kid.

First time I've been right about anything. Delighted he's signed for two years. Plenty of time to have another kid and sign again.

Is he not almost 30 and has spent the vast majority of his career in the juniors?

Didn't think he was as experienced as that but yeah about 5 or so seasons in juniors. He's a tidy footballer, I hope he'll get to play against us and we can see? He may have a decent job though so may not even want to go full time, I don't know.

Edited by Kilganalogue

Seems we were the only offer on the table for Lawless, after Hughes and Mixu both got sacked.

I can't believe McIntyre wouldn't have been interested. Not that I necessarily think Lawless would have been a perfect signing, but he'd certainly be an able replacement for De Vita.

I can't believe McIntyre wouldn't have been interested. Not that I necessarily think Lawless would have been a perfect signing, but he'd certainly be an able replacement for De Vita.

Maybe he thinks theres better than Lawless, available?

Pleasantly surprised that Lawless has signed on again. I tend to agree with Dave that it may have been a case of a lack of interest from elsewhere given that all the noises from the club seemed to be that he'd be for the off. There was the alleged interest from Aberdeen but he wouldn't have been a starter at Pittodrie, he wouldn't have been able to demand a great deal more than he'd be getting at Thistle plus he has a young family that I doubt he'd have wanted to uproot or be away from for most of the week. I have nothing against guys coming to the end of their contracts and looking about to see what other clubs value them at. Not for the first time, I think Lawless expected himself to be slightly more sought after than he was and ultimately, playing for Thistle isn't a bad gig at the moment. Very happy that he's on board for the next two years.

Really hope that Miller follows suit and signs on but have a feeling that he might depart. I'd be astounded if Frans didn't sign again although not terribly fussed either way.

I remember seeing the boy McFadzean playing for Burton a few years ago and thought he looked destined for a decent career. Think he got himself into a bit of bother with the law but was certainly a handy player. I seem to recall him as a winger as opposed to a full-back as BBC quote him as, though. I think that's the sort of player we'll be looking at this summer - relatively young guys released from League 1 clubs looking for a break. I noticed Billy Knott was released by Bradford and has been described as "a left-footed midfielder with a high intensity, high-energy playing style" which would make him an almost perfect replacement for Bannigan.

Gutted that we're playing QoS. Dumfries on a saturday in July could've been excellent.

I wanted Airdrie away but I think that's because it was always a good atmosphere and rivarly when I was growing. Now it's pretty dull. Few pints in town then cans on the train. Could be worse.

By my reckoning the QoS game will be included in the season ticket then? As said, those fixtures couldn't be more dull if somebody actually planned them out :(