The Partick Thistle thread

Chris Erskine looking the part I take it?

DABs seemed to hate him but IMO he was one of their more effective players

Hard to judge fully against lower league opposition but he's been pretty damn good thus far. Like he never went away.

Been our best player in pre-season but he's been playing some diddies.

Hopefully Osman's back pretty fucking soon. The Welsh and Wilson combo won't give us much in the league.

Not been impressed with Devine so far. Seems to get sucked out of position and gives away foul too easily but he's had zero protection from the midfield so maybe Osman back will solve that problem.

Heard that Balatoni could be back though. Hope not.

As an individual player Balatoni isn't particularly impressive but he worked very well with Frans. Not sure how I feel about him coming back. Getting Osman back in the team is really the biggest priority as he just makes us so much more solid defensively.

Erskines been superb, United had no clue how to use him. Heard the Balatoni rumours, supposedly not happening (thankfully) though. He had a good half season at the end with us, that's it. The guys a diddy, thought he was better than he was apparently.

2 hours ago, cilitbang said:

We are an exp nasty b*****d CB away from a really decent squad imo

Completely agree. Squads missing a big hard man. A dominant cb signed and its probably best squad ive seen at firhill. Also erskine looks head and shoulders above every1 work rates 1St class also 

A big commanding CB is a must, the back 4 as a unit don't look good enough. Although tbf I think that was the first time that back 4 + keeper played together, we're also missing Osman who usually provides a bit of protection to the back line. Unfortunately Dumbuyas injury meant we had to bring in Ziggy Gordon, which seems to mean that we don't have much left for a CB. If Balatoni is the best we can afford then I can see us conceding a lot more than last season.

Thought Gordon was far better today, just needed some games under his belt I think.

Erskine is the ultimate confidence player and from the limited showing so far he seems happy to be back at a club where the fans aren't going to get on his back. He also looks a lot fitter than he did when he left, he's been full of running all game, every game.