The Partick Thistle thread

I'd be pretty underwhelmed if Balatoni ended back at the club. We really need a centre-back with a bit more experience who is less prone to mistakes. I can see room in a squad for Devine or for Balatoni but not both.

6 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Please, please, please just let it be that he's using our training facilities until he signs for someone like Ayr or Dunfermline.

He's fucking hopeless in the Premiership. It would be such a backward step.

This, so much this.

Balatoni would be a backward step, and it is fairly frustrating that we want to make a big push to improve our position in the Premiership but yet we can't seem to be willing to pay for that little extra for quality as we have almost all jigsaw pieces? I totally understand the limitations and discipline to stay within the player budget and I am a big proponent of doing so but with a higher league standing and better football comes better crowds (more paying punters) and more concession / shirt sales etc...You don't get this unless you are willing to create a solid spine in team in your GK, CB, CM and FW. We just lack the CB!

Erskine was a fantastic bit of business and so where the likes of Cerny, Osman, Lawless, Booth with Dumbaya, Edwards and Gordon also very forward thinking signings, and they should pay off, but to get into this bloody top 6 everyone talks about, from players to management, you need a center half of some experience and quality. No team in top 6 has a weak backline. We let Seaborne & Frans go (the former landing at our rivals) but we potentially bring back a plodding, championship level defender from yester year? I wasn't bothered about Danny leaving and then ending up at Accies, but I will be annoyed if we re-sign Conrad having let that happen on the basis Archie wasn't impressed with him last year.  

If there is no other option in our pay scale then so be it (we need a 3rd centre back), but to me it lacks strategy and overall foresight on the part of the board and management team.    

Hopefully he's just training as Graeme McGarry's saying. It's obvious we need an experienced calm head at the back to help Devine and Lindsay so Balatoni is the opposite of what we need.