The Partick Thistle thread

Just remembered that we'll be coming off a 3 week break going into that cup tie so a draw vs a L2 / HL side is pretty much spot on.

Not that it'll make much difference but I'm sure Bannigan did an interview a couple of weeks ago where he said he'd more or less written off playing this season.

About time we had a favourable draw in either of the cups. St Mirren away last year was the most generous one we've had in years, and even though they were dreadful last season, they were still a FT team, so nice to have something a bit different this time around.

24 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

It is stating the obvious that it isn't down to Archie that we don't beat these teams. The record is no wins in 37.

Highland League or League 2 level? 

A nice winnable tie before we inevitably get drawn away to Dundee United in the next round for Archie's annual cup tickling.

In all seriousness though, he really needs to take the cup more seriously this year.  I'm not suggesting he goes out there to lose in any way, but the cup games always just seem so lethargic.  I don't have specifics, but seem to remember some questionable team selections in home cup ties that I was at.  And lest we forget the absolute shitemare that was the Falkirk league cup tie last season.

2 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

State of this midden of a Rangers team, getting thoroughly exposed tonight.

Only our shower of shite bags could have bottled it like that against them.

Dundee managed it the week before.

42 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

State of this midden of a Rangers team, getting thoroughly exposed tonight.

Only our shower of shite bags could have bottled it like that against them.

You've forgotton how grateful we should be for this golden age

I'm starting to feel the same way I did a few weeks before Ian McCall left the club, where we were getting shagged by part-time teams in the 1st division. Not good.

Also, the club can suck ma nut if they think I'm paying another £25 to watch the same shit in our next home game - if they do some kind of deal for people who've purchased tickets for today's shafting for the next game against Celtic then I might go seeing as I'm a glutton for punishment, but full price for two home games in a row against the same team that just put 4 past us is too much, particularly at this time of the year.

Hopefully we can Ross County our way out of this mess. :unsure:

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely