The Partick Thistle thread

9 hours ago, Rednyella said:

Almost there. Hopefully Rodgers gives the players "what for" and they pump Killie at the weekend. Whilst we take care of the steelmen.

Nah. I hope Killie pump Sellick and we take care of the steelmen. That way we get to be top six and laugh at Sellick for getting a pumping. 

We don't need to match or better killie's result against Celtic. Killie need to win. Even if we get beat by Well and Killie better it by a point against Celtic.. we are in top 6. ( No chance there will be a +15 GD swing). Anyway its all immaterial as Killie will do fuk all at Parkhead!
We are in Top 6, we will stay in Top 6. Just fukin sober up and deal with it!

My point still stands...
168bc3ded177928cec466714ca90e0ed.jpg

Surely even Thistle cannot f**k this up now!? 
Surely not!?!!!!

You mean "Azeez is one-on-one with the keeper and he must score"?

[emoji15][emoji848][emoji1]

There is absolutely no chance Killie will overtake you. You all know you're in the top six, there's no reason to pretend.

Many of us are long enough in the tooth following Thistle to avoid such bravado.

Haha [emoji23] love this chat. Chances of Killie doing anything at weekend is minimal. It's in the east end and after a below average performance versus us last night Rodgers isn't going to allow them to lose to a mediocre Killie team.
It could happen of course but chances are very slim. I do think there is a good chance we lose against Motherwell. Our form is very good but we are a tad unpredictable. We don't lose many games but based on stats a draw sounds like a legit bet.
We are 95% there. I'm smiling but not celebrating [emoji16]...yet.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Nah. I hope Killie pump Sellick and we take care of the steelmen. That way we get to be top six and laugh at Sellick for getting a pumping. 

Nah...we keep Celtic unbeaten until the last game of the season when we beat them to deny them it.  That's the way.  With an Azeez hat-trick and all.

I don't think we should be looking down any more.  I understand no-one wants to say we're certainties, and it isn't quite done yet.  It would be just so Thistle to follow up two great results with an absolute shitemare against Motherwell after all.  But we don't look like that side anymore.  Win on Saturday and we can start looking up at Hearts, and maybe if the results really go our way, look at 4th.  To do that though, we'd need to take full points from at least Hearts and St Johnstone, then probably a win in one of the other games.  And hope that St Johnstone absolutely shit themselves.  Unlikely.

Edited by forameus

Nah...we keep Celtic unbeaten until the last game of the season when we beat them to deny them it.  That's the way.  With an Azeez hat-trick and all.
I don't think we should be looking down any more.  I understand no-one wants to say we're certainties, and it isn't quite done yet.  It would be just so Thistle to follow up two great results with an absolute shitemare against Motherwell after all.  But we don't look like that side anymore.  Win on Saturday and we can start looking up at Hearts, and maybe if the results really go our way, look at 4th.  To do that though, we'd need to take full points from at least Hearts and St Johnstone, then probably a win in one of the other games.  And hope that St Johnstone absolutely shit themselves.  Unlikely.

Whilst anything is possible. Saints and the top 6 seem to be a very welcome mix. I won't rule out us shitting the bed, but I'd always fancy saints to pick up points in 3/4 of the post split games. So unless Partick can haul themselves close in the next 2 games and then beat us, I think the chances are slim. But fair play, you've been the third best team in the league this year undoubtedly and that's testament to Archibald.

Last year the difference between 6th and 7th was £105k so probably a touch higher than that this season. Plus we'd have home games scheduled vs Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen which would rake in a few extra shekels as well.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/aberdeen/1331865-spfl-sides-to-share-record-21m-prize-money-payout-in-201516-season/

We'll get about £1.3m.

I don't know if it's an error with the article but for some reason 5th and 6th get less 'position based' payments than 7th, but we get nearly 250k more as a 'top 6' payment, compared to the 'bottom 6' payment