The Partick Thistle thread

If we weren't going to give Fraser some kind of deal I think he'd have been released by now.

There's no one out of contract I don't think we can do better than, although keeping Welsh with Bannigan hopefully back for the start of next season would allow Barton to fill in as a centre back when Lindsay inevitably departs, and should have us pretty well settled before the transfer window even opens.

I'd expect us to give Fraser a 6 month deal to prove his fitness. Similar to Welsh a few years ago.

Wilson and Amoo will be released.

Can't see Elliott not staying. He's been brilluant the past few months. Welsh will be offered a deal too. Would expect them to be offered deals now that top 6 is confirmed.

Unfortunately I'll be amazed if archie starts next season in charge.  There must be quite a few teams taking a serious look at him. I'd be gutted for us but he really does deserve a big job,the man's a legend. 

The only way we might be able to afford Keown is if we get rid of Gary Fraser, who I believe is our highest paid player*. I think he'll be back at Reading though. He's done well so they may well want him back - unless they've got a glut of defensive talent.

*may be bullshit

Reading shipped 7 today so they might be reconsidering a few of their defensive options.

Unfortunately I'll be amazed if archie starts next season in charge.  There must be quite a few teams taking a serious look at him. I'd be gutted for us but he really does deserve a big job,the man's a legend. 

Maybe Shaggy could make the step up to manager rather than going with Archie as assistant? If Archie were to go.

FFS only been a few hours since the feat has occurred and already we've got this chat going. Relax and enjoy the fact the club can strengthen earlier than ever before. Enjoy the fact we get to enjoy the last 6 games of the season against the best opposition in the league. And let's remember Tommy Wright has kept St Johnstone in the top 6 for last 2 years and where is he?
Not saying he won't but let's focus on the amazing achievement for at least a little while. Lastly remember that it's not just Archie and management team that deserves praise. Maxwell, the board members, Allison, Brittain and all those working behind the scenes all deserve massive thanks for creating a more professional and structured club over these last 4-5 years since our run at the championship title. We have to realize this also.

This is actually the fourth season Tommy Wright has kept us in the top six. His age counts against him though, English clubs seem to have a preference for younger managers, so Archibald will get a chance before TW

Fair dos. I'm not saying he won't. Just let's enjoy it and stop with the glass half empty shite until it happens. No point worrying about it. We just achieved something to enjoy but change is always inevitable.

Although I agree, we should enjoy the achievement. The sooner we start to think about and sort out this sort of stuff the better and I venture to think that there have already been talks of this nature behind the scenes which would be ideal. Thankfully, being in the top six does allow us to plan further ahead, safe in the knowledge that we'll definitely be a Premiership team come next season.

Would like to give a shout out to the following:

Conrad Balatoni (seaside league)

Kallum Higginbotham (seaside league)

Scott Fox (Scotland's no.123543rd choice keeper)

Paul Paton (relegated with DABS, shares a dressing room with Ricky Foster, mostly sits on the bench)

That's what you get for having no loyalty and could have been part of something special at this club

I'm sure Paul Paton of 4th placed and Europe chasing St Johnstone, having started 2/3 of our league games this season is absolutely devastated about not being at 6th placed Partick Thistle.

Paul Paton who "sits mostly on the bench"? Hes got 22 starts this season, and has only not started three games in 2017