The Partick Thistle thread

11 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Top 2 for the Hibees next season.

Next season will mark the 44th season since you last accomplished such a feat. The OCD part of me would hate that. Its got the be the 45th or 50th to feel right.

I wouldn't worry too much about Hibs, historically over the past two decades theyve been a bottom half side. Sitting 7th in the all time table since the beginning of the SPL in 98/99 if we sort it by "percentage of points won", and 8th in terms of pure points won. The top six over that nearly 20 year period is Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and ICT. And one of those teams will be in a lower league next season.

Hadn't realised that. I know more money doesn't guarantee success, but budget wise they really should be top six.

3 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Imo, he's actually alright as a manager...it's all the gobshite-ness and playing the victim card that makes him detestable 

Realistically he's doing a decent job there; achieving the bare minimum in the league (which really they should have wrapped up weeks ago) and on a nice cup run. I don't think he's a particularly good manager, and whilst Hibs will have a top 5 budget, I think they'll do well to make top 6 with him in charge.

Stating the obvious but I hope they construct/build in ways to make money from the ground to tick over running costs (like Accies always renting out their pitch when not in use). 

Only £4 million from the Weirs though..cheapskates! 

I rekon this will entice Archie to stay onlonger as he has said before not having a training ground has been a bug-bearer to him. 

The Weirs have left some fucking footprint on the club! :D