The Partick Thistle thread

8 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

2 goals in 2 games at international level :rolleyes: get him signed. 

Half decent amount of goals the season he played regularly.

1 hour ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

Would take Babalj, seems to have not played regularly for a few seasons but the one season he did he scored 11 goals so could be good to take the pressure off Doolan.

Obviously can't guarantee a signing will work out but Keown is surely as close as possible based on his performances last season. I saw Andy Murdoch tweeted asking if his 26 year old transfer record was gone, think we might have said if it was.

If we can get a left sided CB , a striker, and if I'm being greedy another attacking mid I think we'd be pretty well set.

5 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

If we can get a left sided CB , a striker, and if I'm being greedy another attacking mid I think we'd be pretty well set.

This, the CB being left footed would be a bonus. Anything else will be a bonus to let Archie rest players etc

I wonder if there is any chance of McGlaughlin being around the 1st team as that attaching mid or if Archie has already made his mind up on loaning him out.

Obviously can't guarantee a signing will work out but Keown is surely as close as possible based on his performances last season. I saw Andy Murdoch tweeted asking if his 26 year old transfer record was gone, think we might have said if it was.

I'd expect it is. Wouldn't be surprised if Barton broke it first though.

Murdoch was either £85k or £100k.

I know these things are now all just rumour and hearsay but the figures quoted for Barton were between £30k and £50k. No idea how much we might have paid for Keown, difficult to judge how a English cahmpionship team values a guy that wasn't going to get a game for them.

Murdoch and McLaughlin cost a combined £150k. We'll never know for sure...

Transfer fees have changed immeasurably since I started following the Jags (pre Bosman).

Apart from the fundamental that it is all horse trading.

43 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Murdoch was either £85k or £100k.

I know these things are now all just rumour and hearsay but the figures quoted for Barton were between £30k and £50k. No idea how much we might have paid for Keown, difficult to judge how a English cahmpionship team values a guy that wasn't going to get a game for them.

I think Reading would value Keown somewhere between 70k and 150k, don't think we would have paid 150k though so probably about 80 or 90

2 minutes ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

I think Reading would value Keown somewhere between 70k and 150k, don't think we would have paid 150k though so probably about 80 or 90

Alternatively Reading had decided they weren't taking him forward in their plans and were happy to get him off their wage bill - effectively bringing them a saving far in excess of any transfer fee - so we paid no more than a nominal fee to them. 

2 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I suspect what we paid Reading was in effect the amount Keown wanted from Reading to pay off his contract.

I imagine it will be something like that, doubt we'd pay a substantial fee for a player and only get him on a 2 year deal.

40 minutes ago, Walter said:

So on the face of it, it would seem we've lost Lindsey, gained Keown and have a sum of x hundreds of thousands with which to add to the squad. No bad I reckon.

Greenied.     Was going to post much the same thing.    I was of the opinion that we undersold Lindsay but in retrospect we've got a player only a year older who's been a success at the club and if estimates are true, we've got about £300k in the bank.     Added to this I think Spittal will be a great signing for us so it's all good.