The Partick Thistle thread

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've signed Jack Hendry, I know he only had limited showings for you guys, but how was he?

Had potential certainly. I watched him and Lindsay together a few times in the Dev. squad and always thought Lindsay was the more promising of the two.  Gary Caldwell obviously thought that he could do something with him by signing him on the back of a performance in a friendly and at the time I think Thistle fans were quite delighted since he didn't come through our academy and we got a fee for him.  Of course since then he's developed a mythical alter ego as the greatest ever young Thistle centre back since Jackie Campbell which is why folk are greetin that he's signed for Dundee.  I think he will be decent for you though.

Not sure how much you can judge Hendry on 5 appearances 2 years ago, none of which we won.

Think AG has it right above, particularly the clamour amongst a significant chunk of our fans for former players to return without any real justification. He might have been an option if we hadn't got Keown, but I think the other centre half will be left sided and possibly more experienced... what's Dan Seab *gunshot*

Sad news about Johnny MacKenzie, my dad's favourite player when he was a boy and maybe our second most capped player behind Rough (as in caps won with us)? Think the obit on the OS maybe sells him short a touch.

Better news that Hibs away is now confirmed as 3pm on the Saturday

3 hours ago, Griff Sheridan said:

One thing, if we do sign him, he'll never get booked. Referees wouldn't be bothered trying to spell that out in their wee book.

If he did get book then at least he Caenepeel.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've signed Jack Hendry, I know he only had limited showings for you guys, but how was he?

A lot of his appearances were coming on as a sub but both him and Lindsay looked decent at this level with potential to go higher with experience.
Hardly playing in 2 years has maybe set him back but I'd say he'll be good for Dundee if he gets a run of games.

You should never assume, but surely with Ade away and Dools our only experienced striking option I wouldn't be surprised if two forwards come in this summer, one on loan and another with a signature. Azeez really didn't fit the way we play. Nesbit whilst promising isn't that player yet.

It's the one area on the field we just haven't been super successful with since being back in the top flight. Dools always comes to the rescue. It's time to find someone who can take that pressure off that having to happen. I'm sure Archie and the board have a list of forwards they are targeting and it seems a few names are being banded about on here and WAT. Not sure if the replacement is green light approved as you'd have to be a mug to reject any offer for a 'striker' (use that term loosely) who couldn't score in a brothel.

If we can land a forward who knows how to put the ball in the net similarly to Dools I think we've got a solid chance at repeating top 6. Especially if our rivals like Ross County (Boyce) and Motherwell (Moult) are being off loaded this summer. It's the most sought after position for a reason and is not easy getting your hands on a player who can score 15-20  goals + per season.

#InArchieWeTrust

Sad to see Ade go at least he tried his best even if most found his footballing ability trying in its own right.
Hopefully we go for an approach of fast and relatively skillful players than the more battering ram approach of Pogba and Azeez.
Good night strong running but struggling to hit bovine buttocks with the nearest musical instrument prince x
88964286fc6265904cf0d8095b3c2ea6.jpg

ETA-Wait a minute. We got money for him (even if that was his contract being paid off)?
8fb46d5137a5c4df04d2bd34cb347502.jpg
Cambridge United could grow to dislike us...

Edited by jagfox99