The Partick Thistle thread

I saw a tweet saying that a Partick fan brought salmon to the game today in honour of Conor Sammon?  Did this actually happen, and if so are there pictures?

I can confirm this happened, got to be one of the strangest things I’ve seen at a game [emoji23]

No photo tho sorry.

By the way Sammon tho, what a player eh.

I saw a tweet saying that a Partick fan brought salmon to the game today in honour of Conor Sammon?  Did this actually happen, and if so are there pictures?
My pal has fish scales on his Air Maxes from booting one of the said fish. Picture in tweet link below of one of the fish. Can't attach picture as app is being a dick.

Because I'm feeling like being really negative, I decided to look at how Thistle had performed by the split in previous seasons:

2016-17: 41 points, Won 10, Drawn 11, Lost 12, Scored 35 Conceded 38 GD -3

2015-16: 41 points, Won 11, Drawn 8, Lost 14, Scored 32 Conceded 39 GD -7

2014-15: 38 points, Won 10, Drawn 8, Lost 15, Scored 41 Conceded 38 GD +3

2013-14: 30 points, Won 6, Drawn 12, Lost 15, Scored 36 Conceded 57 GD -21

So far in 2017-18 we are sitting on 20 points, having Won 5, Drawn 5, Lost 12, Scored 19, Conceded 37, GD -18.

Games left are:

Celtic (H), St Johnstone (A), **** (H), Well (A), Dundee (H), Accies (A), County (A), Aberdeen (H), Hearts (A), Hibs (A), Killie (H).

Assuming that we pick up nothing from the Bigot Brothers, probably no more than a point or two from Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs, February is going to be a massive, season-defining, month. We only stayed up in 2013-14 courtesy of quite a significant points return in the post-split games (two wins, two draws and a defeat).

Even if we beat all the teams in the bottom six between now and the split (itself a tall order), we are still likely looking at a points haul that is worse than all bar our first season back up.

I'm not feeling good about the rest of this season.

Edited by Ad Lib

28 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Because I'm feeling like being really negative, I decided to look at how Thistle had performed by the split in previous seasons:

So far in 2017-18 we are sitting on 20 points, having Won 5, Drawn 5, Lost 12, Scored 19, Conceded 37, GD -18.

Games left are:

Celtic (H), St Johnstone (A), **** (H), Well (A), Dundee (H), Accies (A), County (A), Aberdeen (H), Hearts (A), Hibs (A), Killie (H).

Assuming that we pick up nothing from the Bigot Brothers, probably no more than a point or two from Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs, February is going to be a massive, season-defining, month. We only stayed up in 2013-14 courtesy of quite a significant points return in the post-split games (two wins, two draws and a defeat).

Even if we beat all the teams in the bottom six between now and the split (itself a tall order), we are still likely looking at a points haul that is worse than all bar our first season back up.

Alot to be positive about atm. Fingers crossed

10 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Games left are:

Would be interested to see a comparison from right now to previous seasons, I cba doing that though. It's basically everyone plays every team again now, Motherwell are in rapid decline and unless their new signings pay off it could continue that way. I don't fancy Dundee or Accies chances much either. Completely agree in terms of February though, it's probably win or bust.

Archie has in the past been very impressive at getting results under pressure towards the end of the season. So, i'm hanging onto that. Also, it's quite exciting, in all honesty the top six games last season were no where near as fun as the bottom six games we've played to ensure we stayed up. 

The thing that jumps out is that 4 of the 5 games against teams in the bottom 6 are away from home and the games vs both arse cheeks plus Aberdeen are at home.

So we're either going to have to massively improve our away record or start taking points off the top 3 or we could be too far behind at the split when we get home games against the other bottom 6 teams. 

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/15887123.Partick_Thistle_close_in_on_signing_of_Bournemouth_defender_Baily_Cargill/ 

Schedule is tough and we don't have the luxury of lots of games to ensure we can break out of the bottom 2-3 clubs. We've got to start taking some points from the top 6 teams if we are to get out of the bottom two. It's going to be tight but I believe we can do it. Our away form has to improve and we also have to try and maintain the home form. #It'snoteasy! ;-)