The Partick Thistle thread

8 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

We're used to deadline day signings being the drizzling shits and getting about 25mins of gametime before being released. Would rather that money got spent elsewhere than on impulse buys.

On 24/01/2018 at 22:29, Cerberus said:

Please, no one show us a picture of John Brown's arse.

Thank You.

Can’t be any worse than his face, then again he talks out of his arse...

2 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Are Woods and Fraser injured again ?. 

Fraser is listed as injured (along with Elliott and Bannigan) on the BBC preview, f**k knows about Woods.

Hopefully no more than £15 for the cup game with it being on TV, would be even better if they gave us that bit behind the goal Morton got a couple of years back in the cup but no-one seems to have got before or since in the cup

edit: just saw it's £20 - at least some of it is going to Thistle

Edited by Fuctifano

On 24/01/2018 at 14:39, velo army said:

For a man who was the arguably the best centre half in the league last season? I'm not sure about that.

Given the market and the riches down south we need to start being stronger when it comes to selling players. Barnsley could have afforded 7 figures, but we sold him for 1990's money. I would wager that he's improved slightly over the last half season, but it shows how shafted we were when Lindsay can now be valued at £6m.

I would be very disappointed in our club if we'd only negotiated a 10% sell-on fee. Celtic negotiated a 33% sell-on for Van Dijk and, given the paltry fee we let him go for, I would have expected at least 20%. 

100th post and I'm a seething mess. Yaldy.

There is a big difference between saying Barnsley would pay a million for a defender like Linday and saying they would pay a million to a club of our size for a player like Lindsay.

If we ended up with a million quid post sell-on for him then frankly that’s still a several hundred-fold improvement on our historical youth policy.

Liam was excellent against Tottenham in the cup earlier this season and I honestly think he’s going to a club bigger and better than Brighton in the next 2 years if he keeps up his rate of improvement. He has such a level head on him and is mature beyond his years. The only thing that will hold him back from regular European action is his pace but even that’s got better since leaving Thistle.

21 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Fraser is listed as injured (along with Elliott and Bannigan) on the BBC preview, f**k knows about Woods.

Hopefully no more than £15 for the cup game with it being on TV, would be even better if they gave us that bit behind the goal Morton got a couple of years back in the cup but no-one seems to have got before or since in the cup

edit: just saw it's £20 - at least some of it is going to Thistle

Scored his first goal for barnsley today. Well done to the big yin

I was alright with the up-front fee for Lindsay, assuming we had a good sell-on clause included. To me, 10% really isn’t good enough considering the relatively paltry sum we received at the time.
Unless Barnsley met some sort of release clause to sign him from us, we’ve been completely done if it really is only 10%.

I think most of us would have been happy with £1M outright