The Partick Thistle thread

Heard yesterday that we will be getting part of the Celtic $ to Dundee for Hendry. It is a  development fee % and so we got paid twice on this future Scotland centre half. It's probably a small number but every little bit helps. I also know that the sell on % for Lindsay is more than 10%. These sh*tey tabloids dont know their ar*s from their elbow. We sold Liam for $350k up front with a significant sell on %. I would think it is probably 15 or 20%. I do think and give Maxi and the board benefit of the doubt on the way they conduct business. In my mind it's unfair to throw stones when none of the fees we see in the game make much sense. That's not Thistle's fault. 

I only just found today that he was Celtic till he was 16 so Im guessing it will be quite small if he was at your club for less than 2 years.
Was thinking the other day it isnt out question to have Hendry and Lindsay both starting in Scotland team in futute. I would imagine as much as that would give a Thistle fan some pride would it not irk you slightly selling them both for relatively small amounts?

Worst business by club (BBC website)

Steven Thompson on Partick Thistle: "You have to look at Firhill as they have only brought one player in - defender Baily Cargill on loan from Bournemouth. "Manager Alan Archibald will argue that he is waiting for players to return from injury and they will feel like new signings when they do, but it is difficult for the smaller clubs and, if the money is not there, it is not there." Willie Miller on Partick Thistle: "Hearts have sold Jamie Walker and Isma Goncalves, while Krystian Nowak has also gone."Kilmarnock have not done much business, but Steve Clarke said he was fairly happy with his squad. "Alan Archibald has been waiting for players to come back from injury, but I would have to say Partick Thistle because most of their rivals have recruited well."

Eh sorry but what is this muck of analysis above? Amazes me who poor these clowns are...:thumbsdown

1. This article published after our result away against Saints. Saints have brought in 2 but are unknown quantities to a tired older squad. No mention at all. 

2. Accies have lost Devlin and Docherty and brought in little reinforcements. Imrie is in terrible form.  So small squad and resources. No mention at all.

3. Celtic bring in a 30+ crocked German, Bain and Hendry but hardly the dream players the fans probably expected. 

4. Dundee lose their best defender on deadline day and are considerably weaker at the back. 

5. County? They need to stop losing but add a has been ex-liverpool striker. 

But somehow Thistle are named the worst club in January window? Who are these morons?  

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I only just found today that he was Celtic till he was 16 so Im guessing it will be quite small if he was at your club for less than 2 years.
Was thinking the other day it isnt out question to have Hendry and Lindsay both starting in Scotland team in futute. I would imagine as much as that would give a Thistle fan some pride would it not irk you slightly selling them both for relatively small amounts?

Not for Hendry, but for Lindsay maybe. I think he was definitely worth more, but time will tell how good the deal is, if he is sold on for a hefty sum. On that note I'd be pretty happy to see Lindsay in the Scotland squad, think he's deserving of a chance. 

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I dont think for Scottish football getting  >1m for Liam Lindsay  once he is sold by Barnsley is bad at all. In fact i think its well done by Thistle. We reportedly got $250k for Hendry 3 years ago when he was 19. In my opinion if we pick up another small amount for him in this january deal it's another good job by the Jags board and management team. We sold Hendry to invest in some needed areas and we're in our 5th year in top flight, have a brand new $4m training facility opening end of 2019 and are debt free. All in all we're in a great spot so not 'irked' in slightest. 

33 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I think part of the problems at the time one was at Firhill was the management at the time - so many players were unfit etc - in the all too brief spell that John Lambie returned Armand was brilliant I remember him given League leaders Falkirk no end of bother in a game, also gave Hearts a torrid time in the cup

For lower league he was actually a very decent striker and if Lambie had stayed in I think Armand would have gotten even better- he scored a fair number of goals with other teams in the SFL.

no idea if he is still playing football at all now

He was a screwball (which is probably why Lambie got the best out of him). IIRC, he smashed up his hotel room after a night out, smashed a light with his hand (as you do) which is why he was wearing a cast for ages.

The cup game agisnt Hearts. The commentator gave the stupid throw-away line comparing him to Marc DeVries..because Óne was also black and a striker... Great observation!

Looking at his wiki, he's been to loads of clubs and currently a free agent. Didn't realise Óne is the cousin of Gregory Tade, so the big brute genetics run in the family!

I liked Escales at that time, shame he had to leave under the circumstances he had to.

15 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Looking at his wiki, he's been to loads of clubs and currently a free agent. Didn't realise Óne is the cousin of Gregory Tade, so the big brute genetics run in the family!

I liked Escales at that time, shame he had to leave under the circumstances he had to.

In a similar vein, I didn't realise that David Ngog is a cousin of Jean-Alain Boumsong.

Agree with you about Juan Ramon - he scored one of my favourite Jags goals ever, the header v Airdrie at Firhill.

Edited by Barney Rubble

19 hours ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Am I the only person that can never hear a word that boy on jagzone says? It's really starting to get on my tits.

Nope. Today's interviews were shocking. I have no idea what any of the questions were that he asked!

20 hours ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Am I the only person that can never hear a word that boy on jagzone says? It's really starting to get on my tits.

It's not the 1st time either, would think someone in the media team would tell/teach him where to hold the mic

Steven Thompson can't stand us, and loves to have a pop wherever possible, which is all the time now that he's a permanent fixture in the media. Probably because he got dog's abuse for the couple of (honking) games he played against us in St Mirren's relegation season.

He's knows exactly what he's doing by continuously calling us "Partick" as well.

11 hours ago, gannonball said:

To be entitled to training compensation you have to have offered to renew a player's contract, no? If they're just outright released you don't get anything.

I dont think for Scottish football getting  >1m for Liam Lindsay  once he is sold by Barnsley is bad at all. In fact i think its well done by Thistle. We reportedly got $250k for Hendry 3 years ago when he was 19. In my opinion if we pick up another small amount for him in this january deal it's another good job by the Jags board and management team. We sold Hendry to invest in some needed areas and we're in our 5th year in top flight, have a brand new $4m training facility opening end of 2019 and are debt free. All in all we're in a great spot so not 'irked' in slightest. 

Yeah wasnt questioning how well the club was ran as a whole given the financial trouble Partick have had in the past this board seem much more switched on. I also quite like the fact that your benefactors dont seem to want to hog the limelight at all and that their money is being spent on infrastructure rather than a flash looking squad for a few seasons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42958735

Barnsley boss has moved to Leeds. Will he come back in the summer to raid Barnsley? Don't know the Yorkshire politics too well but I'm assuming they would have to pay over the odds if doing buisiness with each other. Hopefully he takes Lindsay and Liam gets a little more exposure.

56 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42958735

Barnsley boss has moved to Leeds. Will he come back in the summer to raid Barnsley? Don't know the Yorkshire politics too well but I'm assuming they would have to pay over the odds if doing buisiness with each other. Hopefully he takes Lindsay and Liam gets a little more exposure.

Leeds are an absolute basket-case of a club and Liam should stay well, well away from them.