The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, Acaplegic said:

If I supported Patrick for even a nano second during the 2 Livi games I'd be well embarrassed.Mon the Accies.

Good to see happy*** back...

45 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Jordan Thompson and Scott Pittman apparently out of contract at the end if the month with Rangers and Livi respectively. Through in Penrice and there's our centre midfield sorted...

Will we be looking at a forward such as Hardie or Reilly? Two hairy arsed centre defenders need sourced too.

Pittman is under contract, I'm almost certain. Byrne is out of contract as is Halkett but I'd be surprised if both didn't resign with Livi.

O'Ware who has just left Morton may be option for us. Heavily linked with St Mirren but could depend on Ross staying. Left sided, decent scoring record for a centre-half. 

7 minutes ago, Thistlelad84 said:

Hearing rumbles this morning club let Nisbet,McLaughlin and Lamont all go, not been confirmed yet though. 

Would be disappointed if that latter two are let go. Nisbet should get a gig in lower League 1/League 2.

Pittman signed a 18 month extension in January 2017 so is out of contract at the end of the month.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/scott-pittman-signs-contract-extension-9729172

Lamont is 20, Nisbet 21 and McGlaughlin 19. All out of contract. I don't see them making the first team squad but then it does make you wonder what's the point of the academy? That leaves Penrice, McCarthy and Sneddon as under 21s in the frame for a first team squad.

Edited by jagfox99

I thought they were all getting binned if we stayed up (apart from Penrice and McCarthy). Thought us being relegated would give them a chance of being kept on though (apart from Nisbet). Would be disappointed to see McLaughlin and Wilson were let go.

Would like us to sign Halkett and Pittman (Hopkins too) but can’t see that happening.

22 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Pittman is under contract, I'm almost certain. Byrne is out of contract as is Halkett but I'd be surprised if both didn't resign with Livi.

O'Ware who has just left Morton may be option for us. Heavily linked with St Mirren but could depend on Ross staying. Left sided, decent scoring record for a centre-half. 

Would be disappointed if that latter two are let go. Nisbet should get a gig in lower League 1/League 2.

Oware has also been linked with Dundee United the last week 

20 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Pittman signed a 18 month extension in January 2017 so is out of contract at the end of the month.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/scott-pittman-signs-contract-extension-9729172

Lamont is 20, Nisbet 21 and McGlaughlin 19. All out of contract. I don't see them making the first team squad but then it does make you wonder what's the point of the academy? That leaves Penrice, McCarthy and Sneddon as under 21s in the frame for a first team squad.

He renewed again. Pittman's deal is now up in 2019.

Again happy clapper nonsense. We've just been relegated after a meek display so sorry if everyone isn't all "Yaaay get behind the team guys!". Please do quote the "uneducated comments" though.

Flirting with relegation ? Apart from 4 or 5 teams - everyone else has flirted with relegation.

Continually making the same mistakes ?
4 seasons of progress and 1 poor one.
Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story, though.

Flirting with relegation ? Apart from 4 or 5 teams - everyone else has flirted with relegation.

Continually making the same mistakes ?
4 seasons of progress and 1 poor one.
Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story, though.
We had several absolutely rancid stretches and often were in the relegation mix until near the end. This I can accept on the basis of the size of club we are but the manner in which we utterly shat it this season I can't.

Err did the continual late shit the beds, repeated failures in the cups, bad upfront signings and bad defences not happen or am I living in an alternate Thistle reality?

Archie has deserved support during the season - but has had that whole season to rectify some situation, change up his ideas, and make sure there is some fight in the team. He has failed to do that, and I don't think it is too strong to say that the play off performances were a disgrace to the club. It is not "negative and frankly uneducated" to say that a man who has presided over a slump which has left us back in the first division (due to crap signings, crap team selection and a trademark of losing late goals) is done.
I agree with you that he stepped in and did brilliantly at first, but that was a long time ago now, as was the "great possession football pleasing on the eye". It's been attritional for several seasons (that's understandable, but it's nonsense to claim we have been good to watch in the past few years).
You might consider being less insulting towards fellow fans who want a fresh direction after this omnishambles of a season.

Unfortunately that seems to be the nature of the beast that is premiership football. We had to change after our 1st season as that team only just stayed in the league. How many times in the past 5 seasons have we said that other teams played better than us - very few

It is fair comment to suggest we need a fresh start but we shouldn’t be writing off the last few seasons.

We had several absolutely rancid stretches and often were in the relegation mix until near the end. This I can accept on the basis of the size of club we are but the manner in which we utterly shat it this season I can't.

Err did the continual late shit the beds, repeated failures in the cups, bad upfront signings and bad defences not happen or am I living in an alternate Thistle reality?

And so did 4 years of improved league positions.
Why include cups in your history of Archie as that failure goes all the way back to the 90’s

And so did 4 years of improved league positions.
Why include cups in your history of Archie as that failure goes all the way back to the 90’s

One top six position is all of note. Floating about the same positions in the bottom six are meaningless all in. Yes, and it was his job to improve on that. Particularly if we were at arguably our strongest position in those two decades.

Completely agree that our only 'good' season in the top flight was last season's Top 6 - driven by suddenly having Liam Lindsay in the team. The others were pretty much interchangeable - in trouble in the bottom 3 places; extricated ourselves (usually with some Doolan goals just when needed), except this season when we didn't, and couldn't climb above an Accies team who had lost (I think) eight matches in a row.

Baffling how Archibald and Paterson can be quite as bad as they are at building a capable, solid, non-panicky back line, given that they were both decent defenders. We were often without wing backs due to loaning out a great young player in Penrice, and very poor recruitment (Nitriansky et al.), and had Barton hiding in midfield for far too long.

If this past season was a player, it would be "Danny Devine".

New management team, please.

Edited by VictorOnopko
/

Again happy clapper nonsense. We've just been relegated after a meek display so sorry if everyone isn't all "Yaaay get behind the team guys!". Please do quote the "uneducated comments" though.

What mistakes has Archie made year after year? Last year you where lauding Archie for his successful campaign. Thistle will always flirt with relegation most years. So not sure why everyone who disagrees with me thinks this a surprise. Where’s your expectation for the club?

It’s not happy clapping to support your club. I admitted that this year has been a disaster. Players will leave and they’ll live with it for rest of their lives the memories of this season.

I also said I won’t beg for him to stay. If you don’t think Archie deserves an amicable aftermath of discussion with board then that’s your opinion but in my eyes I’m glad your not my boss. He’s put years of service in and a week of meetings with board is not a poor decision by all concerned.

I’m amazed at how many in one poor season the negative and frankly I believe disgraceful comments on here and all over social media.

I’m fine if he goes but I reckon you guys should wind it in, relax and let’s see what happens in the next few days. If Archie does stay, with the comments on this platform I’d think you’d all find it hard to support him.

At the end of the day it’s football and we all support the same side and want them to succeed.

This "one poor season four good ones" argument is becoming tedious even ignoring the fact it's not really true .

One poor season would've been this season if we'd scraped through in the playoffs or finished 10th. This season is an absolute disaster, poor doesn't even begin to describe it and it should take far more than a top 6 finish one season to deserve another go at it after that. 

What mistakes has Archie made year after year? Last year you where lauding Archie for his successful campaign. Thistle will always flirt with relegation most years. So not sure why everyone who disagrees with me thinks this a surprise. Where’s your expectation for the club?

It’s not happy clapping to support your club. I admitted that this year has been a disaster. Players will leave and they’ll live with it for rest of their lives the memories of this season.

I also said I won’t beg for him to stay. If you don’t think Archie deserves an amicable aftermath of discussion with board then that’s your opinion but in my eyes I’m glad your not my boss. He’s put years of service in and a week of meetings with board is not a poor decision by all concerned.

I’m amazed at how many in one poor season the negative and frankly I believe disgraceful comments on here and all over social media.

I’m fine if he goes but I reckon you guys should wind it in, relax and let’s see what happens in the next few days. If Archie does stay, with the comments on this platform I’d think you’d all find it hard to support him.

At the end of the day it’s football and we all support the same side and want them to succeed.

The mistakes I pointed above. Continual late shite the beds, failure to organise a defence, poor signings and garbage cup runs. We can add in the failure to do much against the top three teams into the mix. I have already stated I don't expect more than bottom six generally most years but I don't expect repeated errors and lack of progress in others.

Was I? Please pull the quote in which I did from the end of last season. Like most fans I have my fickle moments but I don't remeber gushing over Archie at the end of the season.

Being critical of your club does not mean you suddenly don't support your club. Blindly being positive about everything relating to your club and berating those for being critical is "happy clapper moron" at its peak.

I want to see Archie respectively removed from his post and would happily see him remain at the club in another capacity. Nobody here is wanting him hung along Firhill Road.

44 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

This I can accept on the basis of the size of club we are 

Why?

Several similar sized clubs have reached semi finals, finals and actually won things, winning European ties, away trips to far flung places,  you canny beat that shit. Explain in great detail why your club cannot be part of these experiences.