The Partick Thistle thread

So when they're all there you can't reach cup semis and finals and can't reach Europe? :lol:
Absolute bollocks.

Let me try and get this straight. When Rangers, Hearts and Hibs were not in the premiership, they were just as strong as when they were. If that is what you believe, good for you.

Just now, jagsfan57 said:

Let me try and get this straight. When Rangers, Hearts and Hibs were not in the premiership, they were just as strong as when they were. If that is what you believe, good for you.

Well I know we finished 3rd and got Europe as well as countless semis and a final with them all in the same league, i witnessed it.

We were in Europe last season with 2 of the teams you've mentioned in the same league, your argument doesn't stack up, sure it's harder, but to just give up like you boys seem to be doing is just plain wrong.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Well I know we finished 3rd and got Europe as well as countless semis and a final with them all in the same league, i witnessed it.

We were in Europe last season with 2 of the teams you've mentioned in the same league, your argument doesn't stack up, sure it's harder, but to just give up like you boys seem to be doing is just plain wrong.

Worth noting we made, at least, three Semi Finals while being in a league below "the big five" 

2012-13:  Finished 3rd, Hearts and Hibs in League.
Motherwell, Inverness, Ross County, Dundee United also in top half. 
2013-14: Finished 6th, Hearts and Hibs in League. 
Motherwell, Inverness, Dundee United also in top half.
2015-16: Finished 4th, Hearts in league. 
Motherwell and Ross County finish top six. 
2016-17: Finished 4th, Hearts and Rangers in league. 
Partick also finish top six. 

I agree the "big five" are pretty set, but let's not pretend those five all peaking at the same time is something that happens regularly. Aiming to finish below them is utterly defeatist since most regularly turn to shite for a decade or so at a time. 

Like I said you haven’t finished top 6 when all 3 are in the league. I am not trying to totally disrespect St J achievements in recent years, but I wouldn’t be surprised if bottom half is a regular occurrence for you in future

Just consider yourself lucky you didn't read the last one where they referred to getting back to the Premiership as getting "back to where we belong". Won't be long before the 'top flight needs a strong Partick Thistle' patter starts.

We need to pay Neil Lennon

1 minute ago, jagsfan57 said:

Like I said you haven’t finished top 6 when all 3 are in the league. I am not trying to totally disrespect St J achievements in recent years, but I wouldn’t be surprised if bottom half is a regular occurrence for you in future

Woops, I totally forgot about..

2011-12: 6th, Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the league. 

1 minute ago, jagsfan57 said:

You're obviously a bit thick....5b05aeb76a570_tenor(1).gif.e174e7ce4be1d9ce8c768037e3455a96.gif

They came 6th in 2011-12, when all of the big five teams were in the top flight.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you want me to start listing Semi Final appearances while all five were in the top flight too? 

Could you just stop talking about St Johnstone in Partick Thistle threads? The Perth peanut gallery is really quite tiresome.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you want me to start listing Semi Final appearances while all five were in the top flight too? 

You could but it'll probably be a waste of your time in this argument...

2 minutes ago, Dollar Jag said:

Could you just stop talking about St Johnstone in Partick Thistle threads? The Perth peanut gallery is really quite tiresome.

You're speaking to the wrong poster...

In fact if you want a wee PTFC bubble try WAT rather than a multiclub forum.

HTH

Edited by jagfox99

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

You're speaking to the wrong poster...

In fact if you want a wee PTFC bubble try WAT rather than a multiclub forum.

HTH

So, P&B is not really for talking about your own team, it's just for winding up fans of other clubs?

1 minute ago, Dollar Jag said:

So, P&B is not really for talking about your own team, it's just for winding up fans of less successful clubs?

FTFY

3 minutes ago, Dollar Jag said:

So, P&B is not really for talking about your own team, it's just for winding up fans of other clubs?

That's it m8. Maybe not the best place for you.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

And rimming, don't forget the rimming.

I'll fucking rim you cunto! Oops! Get the f**k out of our thread Tam. Thank you.