The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, jagfox99 said:

Indeed, he and Barton ceded the midfield to the opposition due to said injuries/ lack of alternatives.

He was still picked ahead of others when they were available. 

Another lesson for Archibald? :rolleyes:

Ohh don’t remind me him and Barton in midfield gives me horrible flashbacks

His missus has just had their first kid so I don't think they'd be ready for moving to Scotland away from family then again you need to pay for them nappies...

I guess we could finagle a baby box.

Edwards ran about a lot; that's it. He wouldn't be missed, and Hearts can have him (be amazed if they wanted him though given that he's rubbish at football and played a big part in a disastrous relegation season).

Bring back Balatoni, Muirhead, ATS and O'Donnell. Lyle Taylor up front. I hear Sean Welsh will be fit in 6 weeks too.

18 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

Ffs are we all being serious about bringing back all these ex players? Paton, Balatoni...really?

If it gets us back I won’t complain and I don’t think u would 

Just now, Armand 2 said:

Case in point - he runs about so he must be good.

:1eye

In terms of who we should keep and who should leave ?

I’d rather have a player that runs around a lot than a player that doesn’t run around a lot! 

I actually think Edwards is better technically than he’s had the chance to show. I think it’s been a case of you can run, your the fittest so you chase the ball. 

Don’t really want to return to any of the old guard. The likes of Balatoni, Welsh, etc worked in our setup before but have struggled since then. Don’t rate Paton as a footballer either, although I can see the merits of having a “tough” guy like him in the middle of the park. Pretty sure Frans would be out of our budget and I think there’s a wee bit of revisionism regarding him anyway - he was a decent player; certainly better than anyone else we’ve had in the top flight bar Lindsay, but not too fussed if we don’t see him again.

Totally fresh approach, please. No retreads.

2 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

In terms of who we should keep and who should leave ?

I’d rather have a player that runs around a lot than a player that doesn’t run around a lot! 

I actually think Edwards is better technically than he’s had the chance to show. I think it’s been a case of you can run, your the fittest so you chase the ball. 

He's better technically than he's had the chance to show? He's been here for two and half years, and must have played approaching 100 games. 

We're in the position we are because of our dependence on players like Edwards who simply weren't good enough to play as regularly as they did.

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

What?

He hasn’t shown off his technical abilities because he doesn’t possess them.

Seen glimpses of it here and there. He’s still young. From what I’ve seen I’d rather keep him than lose him.

11 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

He's better technically than he's had the chance to show? He's been here for two and half years, and must have played approaching 100 games. 

We're in the position we are because of our dependence on players like Edwards who simply weren't good enough to play as regularly as they did.

You really think Edwards is the reason we are this situation..

He’s young enough to improve and the fact is we didn’t have anyone better last season?

If we had stayed up then I’d agree we should be looking for a better player. 

Edwards is a reason we're in this situation, not the reason. You seem to have backtracked massively from Edwards being better technically than he's been given the chance to show to "he's young."

He's 25 later this year with over 100 appearances for the club, if he hasn't shown this apparent technical ability by now then he's had his chance and needs to leave. 

Jeezo was saying I’d rather he stayed for the championship than left.

Just my opinion from I’ve hes seen he’s a player that offers us something a lot of others didn’t last season.

Just because yous don’t rate him doesn’t mean I don’t. 

Young enough to improve the rest of our midfield were fucking slow as f**k and could hardly run. 

Hope he stays and proves you all wrong.

3 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

You really think Edwards is the reason we are this situation..

He’s young enough to improve and the fact is we didn’t have anyone better last season?

If we had stayed up then I’d agree we should be looking for a better player. 

Of course Edwards isn't the sole reason but he was a significant contributing factor.  He played a large spell of the season in a vital position and failed to bring anything of real note other than endeavour.

We didn't have anyone better due to recruitment failings, not due to Edwards' ability. 

You're quite right though - he might improve at Hearts but it won't be as a central or attacking midfielder.