The Partick Thistle thread

Joking about players from 6 years ago aside, what we desperately need is two solid centre backs* and two tough, fearless, tackling, ball-winning, tempo-controlling midfielders who don't hide.  I hope we've seen the last of Osman, Woods and Barton who between them had none of these features.

*Cargill and/or Keown may do OK in the 1st division alongside someone much, much, much more competent than Danny Devine.

We need (at least):

(a) a fast, non-injury-prone, right wing back who isn't shit (regardless of whether McGinn and/or Dumbuya leave)

(b) a solid utility wing-back over and above Elliott (regardless of whether Booth stays)

(c) two replacement centre-backs for Cargill and Devine, preferably functional ones, (three if Keown goes)

(d) two central midfield thugs (regardless of whether Osman/Woods stay)

(e) a ball-playing defensive midfielder (regardless of where Barton fucks off to or if Bannigan miraculously becomes Lazarus)

(f) a box-to-box pacey midfielder (regardless of when Edwards fucks off or if Fraser ever kicks a ball for us again)

(g) a creative attacking midfielder (regardless of whether Spittal stays)

(h) at least one pacey winger (two if Lawless leaves)

(i) a physical but quick striker (regardless of what happens with Storey/Sammon)

That's straight up 11-12 signings needed. Might as well be a totally different squad.

The manager is a bit like myself, he's been about for an awful long time and he's got a real allegiance to the club.

I'm still hurting to be honest; it's probably the worst thing in football to be relegated.

Not only that, it's a team that I love and I've been there for nearly 10 years now.

Players will disappear and they'll find other clubs but for myself and others, Chris Erskine people like that, it's more than just a football club.

I'm not just a player, I'm a fan as well, so from that point of view it still hurts.

That's Doolan staying, then.

Edited by Nizzy

22 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

How no squad bus flip announcement by now? This is why I was worried with sacking Archie post playoff as it takes an eternity to do things here..

Relax. It'll come today. Players with clauses in their contracts would have had a number of days to declare and sign if they were staying or going. Wouldn't want to announce it before the deadline expired until everyone has made their decision.

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

53 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Paul McGinn now officially signed with St Mirren - okay player but no massive loss

Didt mind him at all probably could have done a job in the championship but like others have siad no big loss good luck to him