The Partick Thistle thread

It’s shite from the four of them - play a part in getting us relegated then refuse to stay and help dig us out of it. Pretty standard for modern day football though.
Who cares?

It's going to be a madcap pre-season boys and girls and I canny wait for the madness to begin. [emoji16]

Thought Lawless Booth and McLaughlin could have stayed not arsed about the rest but lots of new ( good hopefully) players coming in looking forward to the  season even more weird1 with Bannigan though

edit: would have kept Kewon adwell

Edited by Jag0001
Forgot to put something

4 minutes ago, Jag0001 said:

Thought Lawless Booth and McLaughlin could have stayed not arsed about the rest but lots of new ( good hopefully) players coming in looking forward to the  season even more weird1 with Bannigan though

Surely now the season us over the club can give some clarity on what is happening with Banzo and his injury?

Happy with this list. It's essentially keeping the 7 I wanted to keep on plus Blair Spittal (a bearable decision) and Callum Wilson who is a youth player.

Sad to see Lawless go, but it was expected. Hope he gets a decent gig.

Also pleased that the club have chosen to specifically state that Ryan Edwards was the only player to invoke his release clause. Seems like a dig at him, which is pleasing. The snakey wee c**t.

In addition to the above, pretty surprised to see that Keown, Barton and Storey didn't decide to activate their release clauses. I can't really see anyone coming in for them, so maybe we'll be stuck with them next year. But with a fresh squad around them and a boot up the arse, maybe that's not the worst thing.

Last but not least, absolutely delighted that we'll never see Danny Devine or Martin Woods in a Thistle jersey again. Good riddance to these utter fucking charlatans.

13 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

I read it as the club having put them up for transfer, rather than/before them explicitly asking to go. I’m more than likely wrong though.

I’m fucking ecstatic that Danny Devine is finally away.

I'm pretty sure if they wanted to go they could have activated their release clause like Edwards. Unless none of them had one, but I can't see that. I'd have guessed the types of players who wouldn't have a clause like that would be your youngsters or ones like Doolan & Erskine who had no intention of leaving.

Just now, Nightmare said:

I'm pretty sure if they wanted to go they could have activated their release clause like Edwards. Unless none of them had one, but I can't see that. I'd have guessed the types of players who wouldn't have a clause like that would be your youngsters or ones like Doolan & Erskine who had no intention of leaving.

Maybe Edwards has an offer on the table that gives him the choice to invoke his clause at this point?

And maybe the other three don't as yet, so are quite properly holding on to what they have until they have a choice????

The Keep list is fine, except for Spittal.  Arsene Archibald loves him, but it's far from clear why.  Pretty obvious he'll be a passenger once again next season when we're scrapping in various games.

Can I be the 437th person to say thank f*ck Danny Devine is gone.

11 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I'm just shocked that he's finally got rid of Scully.

Solid released list. Keep list in general is good, bar a couple of names.

They offered Scully a new deal but he dropped the pen.

I’m sorry to see Lawless leave but can you spot the difference in his and Spittal’s stats for last season?*

4A30A039-058A-4A67-9766-410D8C484FF1.thumb.jpeg.e18b1e7885ca3045fbbf5c8af5ba208e.jpegED7D9657-ADC0-4425-AD14-1156E7939E4D.thumb.jpeg.c41415692c73d9a70ac3839c8d615694.jpeg

*not too fussed about Spittal but not as bad as made out. 

All the best to Lawless, good player for us over the years.

I make that ten players kept (including Bannigan on a 3 month deal to prove his fitness which may or may not work out), plus whoever is remaining from the development squad. Had to double check but it looks like its 7 subs you're allowed (pretty sure it was 5 last time we were in the 2nd tier), so I would imagine we'll be in the market for at least 8 players including a brand new central defence.

edit: I'm assuming that Barton, Keown and Storey are staying to keep drawing a wage until they find a new move, rather than agreeing to terminate their contracts and possibly have to spend a few weeks haggling to get a new deal elsewhere from a relative position of weakness since they'd be without a guaranteed wage at a club.

Looks like we're pretty much set for goalkeepers since I would hazard a guess that it'll be Cerny first choice + Sneddon on the bench + a development squad keeper for 3rd choice. Other than that we're going to have to be very, very busy indeed.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Are we just not offering Lawless a contract because he’s already said he’s signing with someone else? Or because we genuinely don’t want him?

Happy with that list. Would’ve kept Keown though.