The Partick Thistle thread

32 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

People that take time out their life’s to question someone’s punctuation really have too much time on their hands.

It’s a Football forum not a fucking spelling Bee.

Edited by Jag0001

10 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

People that take time out their life’s to question someone’s punctuation really have too much time on their hands.

It’s a Football forum not a fucking spelling Bee.

The fact it's a forum is precisely why people should use proper English and punctuation.

If we end up with a thread full of people posting like leefy then we may as well pack it in.

53 minutes ago, Jag0001 said:

Yes but it’s a forum where people spend most of their time taking the mick out of each other. I don’t see why full stops are so important but if it means I stop being name shamed then fine.

Well maybe if people didn’t use mediocre to appalling spelling and grammar there wouldn’t be posts criticising people’s mediocre to appalling spelling and grammar?

My abiding memory of Ryan Scully is him being involved in some beat the goalie thing at an open day at Firhill about 2010, and random punters sticking it by him with absolute ease. Doesn't look like he's developed much since.

He can bleat about lack of respect but the fact is the club has done far more for him than he's done for us - about 10 years now he's been earning a wage and has still contributed nothing. That wasn't going to change any time soon, so releasing him is about the biggest favour we could have done for his professional development.

12 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Well maybe if people didn’t use mediocre to appalling spelling and grammar there wouldn’t be posts criticising people’s mediocre to appalling spelling and grammar?

But does it matter? Dose it help anyone? Like Thistle4eva said it’s a football forum.

I'd be interested to see how many goals he conceded in his time at Thistle. It felt like every time he was in goals we were getting absolutely scudded by someone. Wouldn't surprise me if he shipped at least 3 per game on average.

Much in the same way as Loris Karius for Liverpool last night, it's not really his fault that he's been in a position he's not really good enough to have been in, but after that stupid Facebook message, any sympathy I had for him is out the window.

Indeed we are pish.  Completely pish, and deservedly doon.
However, when I look at the table I see your mob amassed a whole 0 (zero) more points over 38 games.  That's not very good, is it?

We had a much superior goal difference and we didn’t lose to that Livi side over 2 legs either.

We also didn’t throw away at least 6 points in the last 5 minutes of games which would have seen you safe.

The league table doesn’t lie Partick got what they deserved and I’m looking forward to GTF day. Oh also get it up John Lambies Yer Da horrendous poster.

22 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

We had a much superior goal difference and we didn’t lose to that Livi side over 2 legs either.

We also didn’t throw away at least 6 points in the last 5 minutes of games which would have seen you safe.

The league table doesn’t lie Partick got what they deserved and I’m looking forward to GTF day. Oh also get it up John Lambies Yer Da horrendous poster.

Did you miss my statement that we are pish, and deservedly going down?

If you think your GD advantage having finished equal on points with our worst side in the past 7 years (ft. D. Devine in "defence" and a makeshift midfield all season) makes you anything other than utterly pish too, then who am I to argue? A hypothetical result in a play off game which you avoided on said GD isn't much of an argument though.  We're pish - and I'm fairly certain you are too.

I quite like Accies and your resilience in staying up, which enrages the "big teams only in the top league" roasters.   However, you apparently have a minority of absolute spanners in your support, playing the big baws card based on a shambles of a season and deleting an entire match thread (even though it was full of tributes to J Lambie) when you lost to our pish team not long ago.  Bit more self-awareness might be an idea.

Edited by VictorOnopko

11 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

Seriously, do you  not understand the importance of punctuation in written communication?

I do it if it’s needed. But I don’t see the point in full stops at the last word. ( like that)

If you think your GD advantage having finished equal on points with our worst side in the past 7 years (ft. D. Devine in "defence" and a makeshift midfield all season) makes you anything other than utterly pish too, then who am I to argue? A hypothetical result in a play off game which you avoided on said GD isn't much of an argument though.  We're pish - and I'm fairly certain you are too.

Isn’t this Partick side nearly the exact same team as last season minus Lindsay? Who finished 6th but they are now your worst side in 7 years. I’m sure that’s what a few fans on here were arguing.

We’re pish but we scored enough goals to keep our head above the water Partick did not. Ergo Partick got what they deserved.

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Isn’t this Partick side nearly the exact same team as last season minus Lindsay?

Going from Lindsay every game to Devine has definitely been the main factor, yeah. Osman deciding he wants to punt hats and hoodies for a living instead of playing football would be the other big difference.

40 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

We’re pish but we scored enough goals to keep our head above the water Partick did not. Ergo Partick got what they deserved.

I agree with both those statements. My original point was that both us and your team were pish, having amassed identical points totals - so it was odd for your fellow accie to come along and call us pish as though that was a distinguishing factor and there was miles of difference between the two teams. One game - our comedy 4-0 pumping in Dingwall (which absolutely demonstrated that we deserved to go down) accounted for almost half of the GD which saved you... 

1 minute ago, VictorOnopko said:

I agree with both those statements. My original point was that both us and your team were pish, having amassed identical points totals - so it was odd for your fellow accie to come along and call us pish as though that was a distinguishing factor and there was miles of difference between the two teams. One game - our comedy 4-0 pumping in Dingwall (which absolutely demonstrated that we deserved to go down) accounted for almost half of the GD which saved you... 

It was leefy, mate. Nothing odd about it.

1 hour ago, Jag0001 said:

I do it if it’s needed. But I don’t see the point in full stops at the last word. ( like that)

If punctuation and grammar in a post are really poor, it is sometimes  impossible to understand the points being made by the poster. Visit RangersMedia and 'read' some of the rambling, several lines long, pieces of mince to get the idea. We all make minor errors and typos which are usually highlighted just for lolz but getting it right IS important, if only to separate us from the aforementioned dimwits.

Just ask THE gin-soaked Kinky.

3 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

If punctuation and grammar in a post are really poor, it is sometimes  impossible to understand the points being made by the poster. Visit RangersMedia and 'read' some of the rambling, several lines long, pieces of mince to get the idea. We all make minor errors and typos which are usually highlighted just for lolz but getting it right IS important, if only to separate us from the aforementioned dimwits.

Just ask THE gin-soaked Kinky.

Just don’t think some of the posts I’m told of my punctuation are a big deal that’s all