The Partick Thistle thread

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

What great times would that be? Genuinely interested, not trolling.

We won back to back league titles a couple of years after we were on the verge of going out of business. I was at the LC Final in 71 and believe me, after the state the club was in, in the late 90s, that achievement is just slightly behind the Celtic game. Many jags fans, me included, were sure that the club was going out of business.  Those years weren't great times, they were fantastic times!

Edited by Sting777

I see the development squad got gutted as well, the squad pages on the OS have been updated and there's only 6 left. 

Although I think the development / reserve league is changing due to Racist Malky's Great Way Forward so not sure if it's to do with that, or the fact they didn't win a game from November til the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I see the development squad got gutted as well, the squad pages on the OS have been updated and there's only 6 left. 

Although I think the development / reserve league is changing due to Racist Malky's Great Way Forward so not sure if it's to do with that, or the fact they didn't win a game from November til the end of the season. 

Playing the Partick Thistle way!

13 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

It also looks like it's the reserves playing in the Challenge Cup next season so can't wait for us to draw Celtic reserves on an international week and they play a team full of anyone not on international duty and pump us 8-0.

3 hours ago, Jag0001 said:

I think the loss of McLaughlin , Nisbit , Lamont and McCarthy really didn’t help , so who’s left in the dev team?

There’s no development team next season, back to a reserve league. 

Just now, jagfox99 said:

There’s no development team next season, back to a reserve league. 

Ok thanks, so what’s our squad like? Cause if I remember right we only had like 2-4 subs every game.

https://ptfc.co.uk/team/development-squad/

That's the squad plus anyone who is promoted from the u17s but it's largely irrelevant this year anyway now it's not a development league. I'm not sure if the club will bother with it much in its new format.

There's only 16 games and they'll be played on Mondays so most teams will consist of a handful of youth players and any senior players not involved in the first team. 

12 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/team/development-squad/

That's the squad plus anyone who is promoted from the u17s but it's largely irrelevant this year anyway now it's not a development league. I'm not sure if the club will bother with it much in its new format.

There's only 16 games and they'll be played on Mondays so most teams will consist of a handful of youth players and any senior players not involved in the first team. 

:o That sounds like a terrible arrangement! Hopefully Wilson and Fitzpatrick can at least get a few games and some appearances off the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Flashman said:

:o That sounds like a terrible arrangement! Hopefully Wilson and Fitzpatrick can at least get a few games and some appearances off the bench. 

There's discussion about it in the Project Brave thread, St Johnstone are considering pulling out of it because it's so shite.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-johnstone-set-snub-revamped-12602978

9 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

There's discussion about it in the Project Brave thread, St Johnstone are considering pulling out of it because it's so shite.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-johnstone-set-snub-revamped-12602978

Should change to a Wednesday so if like for example Fitzpatrick plays for us on the Saturday then he can play the midweek game aswell and he’s not exhausted.

On 25/05/2018 at 20:41, Firhill_Basin said:

Spittal should have been one of the first to be shown the door.

The constant slagging of Spittal is starting to annoy me a bit. I fully agree that he not a player for a scrap kinda game and has failed to deliver since about November, but if I remember correctly Erskine only really turned up in the 8/9 games the same amount Spittal turned up for, but because Erskine shows more passion he gets a free pass? I love my players to show a lot of passion and all that but maybe we have to leave the guy alone a bit.

The constant slagging of Spittal is starting to annoy me a bit. I fully agree that he not a player for a scrap kinda game and has failed to deliver since about November, but if I remember correctly Erskine only really turned up in the 8/9 games the same amount Spittal turned up for, but because Erskine shows more passion he gets a free pass? I love my players to show a lot of passion and all that but maybe we have to leave the guy alone a bit.

You’re a shitebag, Blair.

I mind people saying in February Erskine was finished, but now that’s he turned up in the last games of a 38 game season that it’s all fine. I love Erskine but I don’t see how he’s excused. 

19 minutes ago, Jag0001 said:

I mind people saying in February Erskine was finished, but now that’s he turned up in the last games of a 38 game season that it’s all fine. I love Erskine but I don’t see how he’s excused. 

Erskine gets a free pass because he’s Erskine. One of the reasons we made the Premiership in the first place.

I don’t think Archie knows where to play Spittal. I don’t think he knows his best position either to be honest.

Edited by Thistle4eva

7 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Erskine gets a free pass because he’s Erskine. One of the reasons we made the Premiership in the first place.

I don’t think Archie know where to play Spittal. I don’t think he knows his best position either to be honest.

Being one of the players that got us promoted dose’t make up for this season. Personally I thik Spittal is a number 10.

Edited by Jag0001

1 minute ago, Thistle4eva said:

I don’t think Archie know where to play Spittal. I don’t think he knows his best position either to be honest.

Agree wholeheartedly with this point. I thought he looked decent on the right of the attacking three in a 4-2-3-1 at the start of the season. Even on the right of a four man midfield.

However he isn't a central midfielder in a month of Sundays, imo.