The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Anyone heard any hint of when we're releasing strips? Nephew's birthday on Saturday but I'd avoid him til the strip came out if I thought it'd be soon!

Waiting on news of a shirt sponsorship so that could be anytime in the next couple of months...

9 hours ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Anyone heard any hint of when we're releasing strips? Nephew's birthday on Saturday but I'd avoid him til the strip came out if I thought it'd be soon!

Might want to cancel your phone contract, stock up on tins and bolt the door.  

I'm itching for a new signing.  Let's have one today or tomorrow, eh?

15 minutes ago, the_paulo said:

Might want to cancel your phone contract, stock up on tins and bolt the door.  

I'm itching for a new signing.  Let's have one today or tomorrow, eh?

Transfer window opens officially Saturday I think. Might see some bodies coming in after that?

16 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Transfer window opens officially Saturday I think. Might see some bodies coming in after that?

I'd be surprised if we're negotiating for guys under contract elsewhere.  I've been far too big time to keep an eye on the lower leagues to see if there's anyone we could possibly be targeting of course.

I suppose we could be looking to use the 3 we have contracted for swapsies.  

We're definitely hamstrung to a degree by the transfer listed 3 eating up a chunk of the wage budget. I think Barton will definitely be looking to go back to England and there's a fair chance the other two do as well, but with the English leagues starting later we might have to wait a while for free transfer "offers" to come in.

But at the same time we can't assume they will get offers and spend that bit of the budget elsewhere. 

Edited by Fuctifano

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Apparently we and Morton are interested in signing Cammy Bell.

I would have liked us to get Chris Millar instead of them but a positive should be that he’s on a decent wage with their smaller budget. 

So if we’re also in for Bell we *should* be able to offer a better package..

Personally can’t wait to resign Baird and Slippers - the dream frontline!

Cammy Bell would be a half decent signing. Have seen Jamie Sneddon quite a few times in the development side and yes the potential is there, but for the life of me I can't see Archie giving him more than a back up position this year in the knowledge that he (Archie) will be out the door if we aren't at least in the top 4 at the end of the season

Edited by Sting777

I see Paul McGowan has admitted to gobbing on a bouncer, at Dundee Sherriff Court today.

A horrible wee individual but the kind of player we are crying out for in midfield, imo. 

4 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I see Paul McGowan has admitted to gobbing on a bouncer, at Dundee Sherriff Court today.

A horrible wee individual but the kind of player we are crying out for in midfield, imo. 

Agreed but don’t see Dundee letting one of their better players just walk + St mirren would be a more likely destination imo

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

No threat of him being released then?

Doubt it unless he's put away for a period of time.

We've lost O'Hara and we'll likely sell Kamara - McGowan is the only constant in our midfield left and we're a much poorer team without him in it.

43 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Doubt it unless he's put away for a period of time.

We've lost O'Hara and we'll likely sell Kamara - McGowan is the only constant in our midfield left and we're a much poorer team without him in it.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Some folk were having kittens about the notion of signing Paul Paton after a couple of drunken tussles.

Lord knows what they'd think about signing McGowan.

27 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Some folk were having kittens about the notion of signing Paul Paton after a couple of drunken tussles.

Lord knows what they'd think about signing McGowan.

The seethe would be immense :lol: