The Partick Thistle thread

14 minutes ago, Kyle said:

There's Ally Roy confirmed until end of teh season.

Squad number 99 tho. 

Image result for cringe gif

Mathias Pogba fanboy imo.

Be interesting to see how he does. On paper it looks a seriously ropey signing, but I thought the same when Raith brought in Kevin Nisbet - and look at him now!

5 signings down and, with the possible exception of Saunders, none of them would appear to be any better than what we already have. Given the guff thats currently at Firhill, thats quite impressive.

If this is the work complete for this window and Erskine does indeed go, this would have to be one of the most underwhelming, rage-inducing transfer windows I can remember.

Reeks of preparing for League 1.

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

5 signings down and, with the possible exception of Saunders, none of them would appear to be any better than what we already have. Given the guff thats currently at Firhill, thats quite impressive.

If this is the work complete for this window and Erskine does indeed go, this would have to be one of the most underwhelming, rage-inducing transfer windows I can remember.

Reeks of preparing for League 1.

Yup. We were told the signings would be quality, and we are served up a striker who scored two goals for Dumbarton last year. Grim. 

Whoever attempted to put a good spin on this for the official website deserves a pay rise. 

The 21 year old began his career with Hearts, making a handful of appearances for the Edinburgh side while enjoying loan spells in Scotland with East Stirlingshire, Stenhousemuir and Dumbarton.

In February 2018, the nippy striker was sent on loan to Sligo Rovers for the second half of the campaign. Ally subsequently signed for Derry City in July 2018, netting in their Europa League tie against Dinamo Minsk. Roy remained with the Candystripes until the end of their League Of Ireland campaign in October.

Really disappointed at the lack of mention of the 4 goals against Blarney United though.

8 minutes ago, Maine said:

When’s Coulibaly back? I believe at this point he may be our only chance of survival.

Me too.

Or that Harkins and Cardle will bring out Doolan’s best. Is he finished or just starved of service? Suppose we’ll find out.

All of these signings are uninspiring to me but hopefully they can get us to 8th. What a shit season. 

24 minutes ago, Jag4life said:

He’s back in light training with the team but won’t be back for selection until 2 to 3 weeks

I spoke to Couly in hospitality after the game on Saturday and he stated he was fit and hoped to be back this Saturday......if picked!!!!

Updated the squad post in the link below after the flurry of activity. We're up to a squad of 28 (!) who have either played for us this season or just signed, albeit that includes O'Ware and Gordon.  Was half expecting a "see ye!" announcement tonight but I guess tomorrow's squad will give a few clues to that. As for the squad itself...

Keepers- 4 clearly no more in needed, and presumably Lennox and possibly one more out

Centre backs-  6 on the books but O'Ware is at best coming back for the run in and Scobbie and Jefferies have loans up at some indeterminate point this month. Keown has taken on the Grant Murray mantle and got worse the lower down the leagues we've went. Definitely more moves to come here

Full backs- 2. I know Saunders can cover RB but I still think we need one more in.

Sitting midfielders- 6. Assume Bannigan and Slater are nailed on here if fit for the rest of the season. Gordon is crocked but we seem to be keeping him, Ntambwe must be near the front of the exit queue, Wilson is being mooted for loan, and McCarthy can cover . Don't expect any other signings

Attacking midfielders - 7. Mutumbo and Erskine look like candidates for the off, if so maybe one more in? The signing of Cardle suggests this 3-4-1-2 is getting binned and we'll play with wingers as wingers again. I'm counting Miles Storey in here because I have to count him somewhere. It's the poor c**t's birthday today and I can't even say nice things about him.

Centre forwards- 3. Big trouble. A club legend who's been miles off it this season, a guy who hasn't started a game in about 2 years, and a guy who can only score against Blarney United. I still hope we're looking for one more.