The Partick Thistle thread

Would we need to pay some compensation to Queen of the South if we signed East? I assume so as he’s 22 and I can’t imagine he wasn’t offered a deal by them.

I genuinely can’t remember if he’s any good or not. I’m sure he’s the one that was signed by them as a striker but is now a centre half. 

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Would we need to pay some compensation to Queen of the South if we signed East? I assume so as he’s 22 and I can’t imagine he wasn’t offered a deal by them.

I genuinely can’t remember if he’s any good or not. I’m sure he’s the one that was signed by them as a striker but is now a centre half. 

Would guess it'll be similar to Fitzpatrick last year where a small fee would be necessary (or go to tribunal) as East wasn't on their released list 

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I genuinely can’t remember if he’s any good or not. I’m sure he’s the one that was signed by them as a striker but is now a centre half

According to Transfermarkt he’s a centre-half but his secondary positions are left-wing and centre forward, so you probably recall correctly.

Would imagine some form of compensation would need to be agreed. 

13 minutes ago, Partickfisso said:

Anyone know if there’s going to be any kind of stream for tonight? 

Boy on the Kelty thread said probably not, and as neither club have mentioned it with the game in 4 hours I think we can assume there won’t be.

Audio commentary on Jagzone probably the only option. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Boy on the Kelty thread said probably not, and as neither club have mentioned it with the game in 4 hours I think we can assume there won’t be.

Audio commentary on Jagzone probably the only option. 

Nothing on the Thistle web-site about live commentary.

17 minutes ago, colliedug said:

Hearing noises that Rudden may be coming back????

Well, his move to Dundee didn’t really work out - as many had predicted. His partnership with Graham was certainly successful for a bit, wouldn’t take him as a lone striker. 

Edited by JagsCG

4 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Would guess it'll be similar to Fitzpatrick last year where a small fee would be necessary (or go to tribunal) as East wasn't on their released list 

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

According to the QOS lad who claimed to know Holts wages, apparently QOS are not due any compensation.  Why I have no idea

I would assume there would be no compensation due because he turns 23 tomorrow.

Would any of the trialists be youth players that haven't been formally registered or would they be named e.g Diack / Taggart ?

2 of the trialists presumably East and Kerr

Muirhead, McMillan and Milne the signed players not in tonight's squad edit: and McCready I suppose

Edited by Fuctifano

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Rudden is better than Dowds is or Mullen was, I’d happily have him back.

Not sure, would rather have him with us than against us i suppose but his attitude stinks. Threw a tantrum to get out of Firhill, Done the same at Dens so no doubt if he came back and someone from premiership showed some interest he would throw a tantrum again. Doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed tbh.

Would imagine some of the trialists are U18s who are neither part of the first team officially or a modern apprentice. Graham captaining the side possibly a sign he will be appointed the new skipper? 

3 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Confused by th shirt numbers for the trialists. Thought they might be given available squad numbers. 
As regards Rudden, I am not sure about him returning. He blew hot and cold with us, but may well be better than we can get.

Better inconsistent than completely ineffective. I'll be happy enough if he returns.