The Partick Thistle thread

10 hours ago, ptfc. 22 said:

Posters on the faceebook group that say we're trying to get stevie may(doubt it) and ben williamson on loan. 

May would be a killer at Championship level just for his Barnet alone.

BB5A0653-94FB-4873-BEB0-F7E0210D8713.jpeg

Unsure about Williamson. Mostly a squad player for us last season and showed some quality in glimpses - predominantly average though. His best form with us was around the December mark when he was getting a more consistent run of games. I'm not really sure what type of midfielder he wants to be. 

11 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Unsure about Williamson. Mostly a squad player for us last season and showed some quality in glimpses - predominantly average though. His best form with us was around the December mark when he was getting a more consistent run of games. I'm not really sure what type of midfielder he wants to be. 

Is Shaun Byrne still completely frozen out at Dens? If so, I’d quite like us to take a look at him.

Never really been impressed by Williamson across his various spells in this league, but he’s a Rangers youth player so it makes sense he’d come to us on loan eventually. As a squad option then happy enough. 

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is Shaun Byrne still completely frozen out at Dens? If so, I’d quite like us to take a look at him.

Never really been impressed by Williamson across his various spells in this league, but he’s a Rangers youth player so it makes sense he’d come to us on loan eventually. As a squad option then happy enough. 

Docherty has given everyone a clean slate so I'm assuming the last friendly and the league cup games are his chance to prove himself. Byrne would be a much better option than Williamson in fairness as I think they are similar but Byrne does it better. 

I was convinced that he was going to join back up with Mcpake at Dunfermline, still might to be fair. I think he has family commitments that mean he wants to stay on the East coast but may be wrong on that.

Record is reporting Williamson albeit they're just linking to a report in the Sun, however it seems like some truth in that one. Given our dismal record with loanees from Ibrox and the fact we'd be his 4th loan club at this level in 3 years I can't say it's a thrilling prospect of a signing.

If we're signing another striker it'll be some kid on loan as we already have Graham and  Dowds, Robinson can also cover there if injuries, and seems likely we'll only play with one central striker.

Edited by Fuctifano

I make it 8 players we’ve had on loan from Rangers over the last 3 seasons (not including that keeper we got for a week, or the boy who get sent back for Tiffoney to sign).

Mayo was good, Wright and McKinnon were fine, Weston and Breen weren’t great, Firth never played and Alegria and Hastie were actively terrible. 

23 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I make it 8 players we’ve had on loan from Rangers over the last 3 seasons (not including that keeper we got for a week, or the boy who get sent back for Tiffoney to sign).

Mayo was good, Wright and McKinnon were fine, Weston and Breen weren’t great, Firth never played and Alegria and Hastie were actively terrible. 

The majority of Rangers loanees we have brought in over the last five or so years have made little impact. Even if we look a bit further back than the ones you mentioned, in 19/20 Palmer was decent enough for a while, but Barjonas made no impact whatsoever. 

I’m not against us going down this route if Doolan sees something in a player, just the majority of previous moves don’t fill me with confidence. 

Edited by R&Y99

5 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

May would be a killer at Championship level just for his Barnet alone.

BB5A0653-94FB-4873-BEB0-F7E0210D8713.jpeg

I remember watching May scoring for fun back in his first spell in Perth, about ten years ago now (back when the SPFL put up a good highlights package on YouTube - then they removed the commentary for no reason and it kind of ruined it).  At the time I thought he looked like he’d go on to big things, but it never quite panned out.  Still not a bad player at all, good physical presence, and maybe would make a bigger impact against lower level defences (looking at you, Brian Graham).

Edit:  Also, agreed about the hair - if he doesn’t work out on the field, he can join our Bon Jovi tribute band.

Edited by Braesoyetts

51 minutes ago, Braesoyetts said:

I remember watching May scoring for fun back in his first spell in Perth, about ten years ago now (back when the SPFL put up a good highlights package on YouTube - then they removed the commentary for no reason and it kind of ruined it).  At the time I thought he looked like he’d go on to big things, but it never quite panned out.  Still not a bad player at all, good physical presence, and maybe would make a bigger impact against lower level defences (looking at you, Brian Graham).

Edit:  Also, agreed about the hair - if he doesn’t work out on the field, he can join our Bon Jovi tribute band.

Must be something in the May gene .

91BC15CF-F1F3-40F3-934E-308145A943B0.jpeg

7547BC31-D618-4846-8726-4F6C1D21657B.jpeg

15058A2C-A63B-4EAB-B861-B97A74E1C545.jpeg

I doubt we are in the market for Stevie May or even Chris Kane. As stated, the Jonnies will be unlikely to be releasing first-teamers if they can avoid it.

More likely to get a young, loanee from them or another Premiership club, such as Alex Ferguson.

If Williamson and Kerr are signed, then to me it looks like we are still missing cover for either side at full back, another winger and a centre half at the very least.

I wonder if the likes of Stevenson and Stanway will be loaned out for week in week out first team experience or if they will be kept around as squad cover.

31 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

If Williamson and Kerr are signed, then to me it looks like we are still missing cover for either side at full back, another winger and a centre half at the very least.

From what I’ve heard Harrison Nee is still training with us so that’ll possibly be the winger we’ll add.

8 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Would be delighted to have him back at Gayfield - would be a great signing for Thistle ( still a very young player too).

The same kind of thing was said about Dowds. So far he hasn’t set the heather on fire.