The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

image.png.d9dc647176b7b289e108048b603d06a3.png

Am I right in saying the PTFC Trust Trustees now includes The Jags Foundation, so it's possible this isn't the original group of Trustees who are widely disliked making this decision alone?

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

Am I right in saying the PTFC Trust Trustees now includes The Jags Foundation, so it's possible this isn't the original group of Trustees who are widely disliked making this decision alone?

Correct. The Jags Foundation and the Jags Trust are now corporate trustees along with a couple of the original trustees.

Which is why I'd assume they are keeping quiet about this as they are never normally shy.

49 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

It does dilute Trust holding from 75% to 67%.

True, but as per TJF it can never drop below 51%.

28 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Not sure why the investment required a board change - maybe indicates more contention that would be expected - but still feels like a net positive outcome. 

I don’t think this investment is linked to the removal of Creevy. Just coincidence that both items have broken on the same day.

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Which one?

And why?

Obviously I'm thankful for the investment from the McClymont led group. BUT, I do agree with @jagsfan57 that either the fans should have been consulted over the removal of Alistair Creevy or the Trust/club need to explain more than there was a dispute we couldn't resolve. As the club statement recognises Alistair literally kept the club going at the end of last season. I would feel less uneasy if they could be more open about the reasons for his removal (I realise there may be legalities on both parts that have been agreed that prevent this but still) 

18 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Which one?

And why?

The conditions around the investment and particularly what decisions do the investors have a veto on. I am pretty certain that the majority of fans would come to the same conclusion, but it seems that PTFC Trust Board don’t trust the fans.

7 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

The conditions around the investment and particularly what decisions do the investors have a veto on. I am pretty certain that the majority of fans would come to the same conclusion, but it seems that PTFC Trust Board don’t trust the fans.

The feeling being mutual

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

Obviously I'm thankful for the investment from the McClymont led group. BUT, I do agree with @jagsfan57 that either the fans should have been consulted over the removal of Alistair Creevy or the Trust/club need to explain more than there was a dispute we couldn't resolve. As the club statement recognises Alistair literally kept the club going at the end of last season. I would feel less uneasy if they could be more open about the reasons for his removal (I realise there may be legalities on both parts that have been agreed that prevent this but still) 

I think the last sentence probably sums up the lack of public comment.

It’ll probably come out eventually, just like it did with that lunatic Low.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Of course it would be nice to know the terms of the investment. It would also be nice to know a lot of things at the football club, but just because we’re fan-owned now doesn’t mean it’s open season and everyone on a forum or social media gets to know everything. That’s not what fan ownership is.

21 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

384103632_7444376165590035_7895565827029

Barely literate statements posted by family members on facebook is a great look for the club.

“Ross Count”
”Chri Ross”
”Douglas MacRae/Douglas MacRea”

That’s just individual names that I’ve noticed spelling mistakes for. Haven’t even properly read the main body of text where I’m sure there will be many, many more grammatical disasters to be found.

Based on this alone, it looks like we made the right decision to get rid of Creevy