The Partick Thistle thread

Could be wrong but Stewart seems like a low cost backup, but not someone who is likely to come in and play as No.1, played less than 30 competitive matches in 7/8 years. Hopefully can get a decent loan sorted out for McCready.

20 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Could they afford his wages though.  If he is full time with us I think they are only part time

A Clyde fan told me there's plenty of cash available right now, expect a few signings.

They could be wrong though, they did try and sell me some pegs afterwards...

1 minute ago, baba douche said:

A Clyde fan told me there's plenty of cash available right now, expect a few signings.

They could be wrong though, they did try and sell me some pegs afterwards...

McCall would never have gone there if there wasn’t money to spend. 

Ourselves, Raith and United all in a ‘bidding war’ for Dom Thomas apparently, with the latter leading it. A fee would be required  (as per post on the QP thread).

Would be very surprised tbh, not sure what wage he’s on at QP but Ian McCall allegedly wanted him and QP offered him more than we could at the time, and that was pre-serious financial issues obviously, not to mention how we’d need to pay a fee also. United on the other hand can probably afford to throw silly money at him. 

Edited by JagsCG

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Ourselves, Raith and United all in a ‘bidding war’ for Dom Thomas apparently, with the latter leading it. A fee would be required  (as per post on the QP thread).

Would be very surprised tbh, not sure what wage he’s on at QP but Ian McCall allegedly wanted him and QP offered him more than we could at the time, and that was pre-serious financial issues obviously, not to mention how we’d need to pay a fee also. United on the other hand can probably afford to throw silly money at him. 

I’d take him if it was a pre-contract but absolutely f**k paying a fee for him. 

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Have a bit of patience.

Please please do me (and everyone else a favour) don't quote Highlandmagar when you respond to all the negative pish.

I've had him/her/it(?) blocked on here for a least a couple of seasons and the only time I see the drivel is when some real Jags fan quotes in reply. 

or when you see highlandmagar block him/her/it(?) - havent ever blocked anyone else on here (except that mad Morton guy last winter) but since I did it makes this thread tholeable 

35 minutes ago, Malcolm Tent said:

Please please do me (and everyone else a favour) don't quote Highlandmagar when you respond to all the negative pish.

I've had him/her/it(?) blocked on here for a least a couple of seasons and the only time I see the drivel is when some real Jags fan quotes in reply. 

or when you see highlandmagar block him/her/it(?) - havent ever blocked anyone else on here (except that mad Morton guy last winter) but since I did it makes this thread tholeable 

f**k off!

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Would absolutely take him. But if a fee is involved and we’re competing with Dundee United then I can’t see it.

We’re very short of depth in the winger department. If either Fitzpatrick or Lawless get injured I’d no idea what we would do, so I can completely understand if Doolan has asked the question about Thomas. The only thing we potentially have going for us is location, but if United blow our bid out of the water by £1k p/w then not much we can do.