The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, Reid said:

A pleasant surprise. Hopefully doesn’t mean Neilson is away back to Hearts. Him and O’Reilly would be a solid CB pairing.

Fingers crossed we'll be playing him next to Neilson, with Muirhead to the bench where his recent play has suggests be belongs now.

Won't hold my breath on that one, though.

36 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

O'Reilly's more of a left sided CB or have I made that up? Him there and Neilson moving over would be an upgrade.

Replaces Holt's presence at set pieces too.

Yes, left sided, but can play across the back, in general. Confident and competent player, strong in the air, good attacking threat on set pieces, excellent distribution, very fit. Disappointed, but I understand we were only offering till seasons end.

Very pleasing signing, which also weakens a promotion rival. Him and Neilson should be a very good pairing, assuming he’s staying.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Disappointed, but I understand we were only offering till seasons end.

It’s more just because we’re fucking massive 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Fingers crossed we'll be playing him next to Neilson, with Muirhead to the bench where his recent play has suggests be belongs now.

Won't hold my breath on that one, though.

Lets Muirhead be rested. Been carrying an injury for weeks now. Fair play to him for playing through it.

1 hour ago, Reid said:

A pleasant surprise. Hopefully doesn’t mean Neilson is away back to Hearts. Him and O’Reilly would be a solid CB pairing.

Hearts are having a very good season, largely due to an excellent defensive record. Unless there’s been an injury or two there, I think they would recognise the present arrangement as best for Neilson and therefore themselves.

Also he was allowed to play for us in the cup, which suggests no recall is planned (or at least wasn’t then)

37 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Hearts are having a very good season, largely due to an excellent defensive record. Unless there’s been an injury or two there, I think they would recognise the present arrangement as best for Neilson and therefore themselves.

Also he was allowed to play for us in the cup, which suggests no recall is planned (or at least wasn’t then)

The only aside to this would be that hearts have at least 2 defenders away with Australia on international duty for at least the next 3 weeks so may want some cover. Hopefully not. 

26 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

The only aside to this would be that hearts have at least 2 defenders away with Australia on international duty for at least the next 3 weeks so may want some cover. Hopefully not. 

Though of course, that’s something they would have known about when originally setting the loan period and allowing him to be cup tied. They don’t play for the next two weeks either.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It’s more just because we’re fucking massive fannies.

FTFY. If you’re gonna lob a ball like that…🤣. Now get back to managing Botev Vratsa, Mr. One Team.

The only way Neilson goes back to Hearts early (maybe barring an injury crisis or something for them) is if they wish to send him out on loan to a Premiership club imo. I don’t see that happening, by all accounts Neilson/Hearts are pleased with his development at the club so far and should want to see it through to the end of the season where he can then either compete in Hearts’ squad or be tested at a higher level out on loan. 

Edited by JagsCG

If Doolan thinks McBeth is genuinely good enough to start matches in that deeper midfield position and be successful at it then I’ve no issue with him sticking with that. If not then he definitely needs to add another midfielder who can immediately do that (be that Halliday or someone else). Will trust the manager’s judgement on that one. 

10 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

If Doolan thinks McBeth is genuinely good enough to start matches in that deeper midfield position and be successful at it then I’ve no issue with him sticking with that. If not then he definitely needs to add another midfielder who can immediately do that (be that Halliday or someone else). Will trust the manager’s judgement on that one. 

I agree but we are becoming very stacked in terms of numbers in the middle now. I’d like to see Lyon go out on loan to get some regular game time.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

FTFY. If you’re gonna lob a ball like that…🤣. Now get back to managing Botev Vratsa, Mr. One Team.

Editing what someone has said and writing “FTFY” is very 2016.