The Partick Thistle thread

14 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Wee thought there - idk if anyone at the club peruses p&b, think one or two connected to the club were on here - but i just popped on to the season tickets bit on the official site.

I know its at a a risk of devaluing the womens tickets if its priced too low, but if it flagged an option to, say, add a womens season ticket on at £X at the point of renewal/new purchase id be more likely to take the club up on it.

Got a wee screenie of where i mean, an option to add a womens team ticket on here in the same seat (the games are all firhill now rather than Petershill?)

Edit: ahh, still Petershill it looks like, but that's terracing i guess? Although imo if the club trial it and theres enough uptake then the womens team could look to use Firhill for matches going forward.

I just remembered we have TJF 😂 ill flag it with them, seeing as we're fan owned.

Screenshot_20240119_194209_Chrome.thumb.jpg.423f07d1d715b0d653cca70fc6388460.jpg

I get what your saying with the season ticket thing but I would not like the women's team playing also at Firhill due to the state of the surface would become come the winter season Jan/Feb & not to belittle the woman's team cos I think they're going great guns in a relatively short period of time but the main focus for my personal veiw is the men's team is more important & the surface should be in as good a condition as possible 

51 minutes ago, colliedug said:

I get what your saying with the season ticket thing but I would not like the women's team playing also at Firhill due to the state of the surface would become come the winter season Jan/Feb & not to belittle the woman's team cos I think they're going great guns in a relatively short period of time but the main focus for my personal veiw is the men's team is more important & the surface should be in as good a condition as possible 

May actually help the womens game improve by not having to play on a ploughed field every second week!

Realistically the Firhill surface isn’t good enough and doesn’t receive the level of investment required for upkeep to cover two teams in the same season.

I could only see the women moving to Firhill otherwise than for occasional games if we were to switch to an artificial surface. Something that would require multiple millions of pounds up front investment to do right.

I know it’s been shelved for now (and almost certainly forever), but I was really hoping that the training ground that Colin Weir was going to be building us would include a pitch with a stand to host the women’s games, as well as youth teams and that. 

17 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I know it’s been shelved for now (and almost certainly forever), but I was really hoping that the training ground that Colin Weir was going to be building us would include a pitch with a stand to host the women’s games, as well as youth teams and that. 

There is a modern stadium similar to Peter's hill Park doing absolutely nothing in Kirkintilloch, probably just waiting to bite the hand off the highest bidder.

I actually think a model where we use Petershill for ladies / reserves / youths, and Firhill for men and occasional high profile games from the former, would work well. 

the main gap is therefore training facilities - do we still use Garscube? From photos / videos we appear to be all over the place for facilities. 

22 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Whereabouts?

Up past the marina,  it was supposed to be for the Rob Roy , it has been finished now for about a year, only one game played on it Rossvale v Darvel Cup tie ,  the facility looks top class , it really is a white elephant at the moment.

9 hours ago, Passionate said:

Up past the marina,  it was supposed to be for the Rob Roy , it has been finished now for about a year, only one game played on it Rossvale v Darvel Cup tie ,  the facility looks top class , it really is a white elephant at the moment.

Is it actually finished?

The last time I looked, there were still mounds of soil blocking the site.

I'll pop over in about an hour and have a wee gander 👀

In any case it’s maybe a bit out the road if the club are trying to grow their fan base. Would imagine some people may not attend as regularly if the stadium isn’t as handy for the motorway and closer to the city, decent transport links and easy to drive to. 

31 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

In any case it’s maybe a bit out the road if the club are trying to grow their fan base. Would imagine some people may not attend as regularly if the stadium isn’t as handy for the motorway and closer to the city, decent transport links and easy to drive to. 

Were the plans not for the Colin Weir Training ground to be in Kirkintilloch anyway at the old water works down from the stables pub restaurant.

39 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

I would say that Kirkintilloch is really easy to get to by car and public transport from the city. It’s 5 minutes off the M80. You can get an express bus from Buchanan street that takes about 25 minutes and if you get the train to Lenzie, you can walk in about  15 minutes or so.

11 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I would say that Kirkintilloch is really easy to get to by car and public transport from the city. It’s 5 minutes off the M80. You can get an express bus from Buchanan street that takes about 25 minutes and if you get the train to Lenzie, you can walk in about  15 minutes or so.

Significantly more of a pain in the arse than Petershill. 

16 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

if you get the train to Lenzie, you can walk in about  15 minutes or so.

You're walking bloody quickly then! Takes me 15 mins to walk home from the station, and I'm just over halfway.

7 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

The women into the final against Sevco.

Good weekend all round for the Jags!

Believe the final clashes with our game at Arbroath. Hopefully it can get shifted so that the women can get a proper backing, and so that Graham can manage for it. Both deserve that. 

6 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

The women into the final against Sevco.

Good weekend all round for the Jags!

Thistle going to be on another collision course with the football authorities. The final is scheduled for Saturday 23rd March. Graham saying that a bunch of his team won’t get time off from their regular jobs, and he reckons the game should be on a Sunday.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Thistle going to be on another collision course with the football authorities. The final is scheduled for Saturday 23rd March. Graham saying that a bunch of his team won’t get time off from their regular jobs, and he reckons the game should be on a Sunday.

I really don’t think they will even be in a position to move it. For example, the SWPL would have booked Tynecastle as the venue and can only get it that day, for a variety of reasons. The security and staff and all that sort of stuff will be in place as well as TV crew. 

BBC ALBA are broadcasting the challenge cup final too and they share some of the contractors and outsources with sky so it could pose issues.

Edited by BigMadMental

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Presume Sky are broadcasting the final (as it’s the Sky Sports Cup) therefore it surely won’t be at 3pm on a Saturday. The SWPL website also cites the final as being on Saturday or Sunday.

So don’t see a scenario where it isn’t moved tbh. Cracking result for the women nonetheless.