The Partick Thistle thread

Posted (edited)

When you compare how the squad was looking at the end of last season to today, we are in a far, far better position.

We are a solid keeper and another winger + right back (if McMillan leaves) away from having a squad that should fancy a run at the title next season.

Edited by Jaggy McJagface

43 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Relatively pleased with that. It’s not the most glamorous signing but he’s a known quantity at this level. 

Yes. It’s known that after a good start to the season and rumoured interest from other parties he was pretty useless creatively for the last six months. Could train a monkey to do what he was doing. Well suited.

4 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Yes. It’s known that after a good start to the season and rumoured interest from other parties he was pretty useless creatively for the last six months. Could train a monkey to do what he was doing. Well suited.

No offence mate, but previous posts of yours make me think that you’re a complete moron so I’m not really interested in what you have to say. 

4 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

zGmokDuNXlGCY.gif

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

Someone is hurting.

Another thing worth noting about how impressive MacBeth's rise has been is that he recently lost his dad.

So not only a massive change in his football career, but doing so at a time of personal tragedy for him and his family.

A proper inspiration for everyone in the lower leagues and beyond.

Gutted Robbie is away. Gave 100% every time he played for morton and chipped in with a few goals and assists. It'll be a sore one to see him play against us but wish him all the best. 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Gutted Robbie is away. Gave 100% every time he played for morton and chipped in with a few goals and assists. It'll be a sore one to see him play against us but wish him all the best. 

That's not how this works.

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

I think what someone like him gives us is an option to change formation mid match without wasting subs.

Him being comfortable both in central defence and defensive midfield means we can easily drop to a 5 if and when required.

Its a very good option to have.

Like Adam Barton was at his best for us.

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Another thing worth noting about how impressive MacBeth's rise has been is that he recently lost his dad.

So not only a massive change in his football career, but doing so at a time of personal tragedy for him and his family.

A proper inspiration for everyone in the lower leagues and beyond.

Met his family just after he arrived and see them at every game now, they’re very nice, friendly people and they love the Thistle. 

35 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

Met his family just after he arrived and see them at every game now, they’re very nice, friendly people and they love the Thistle. 

Yeah, good folk.

I vaguely know his big brothers through school and training with them respectively. 

Follow them on socials and the family seemed to have totally taken to following their son/brother at Thistle in the midst of what i can only assume is awful times.

Boy deserves such an immense credit.

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I see Neilson has dropped out of the Scotland u21 squad but a certain Connor McAvoy has returned. 

Would definitely take McAvoy back on loan, shame his previous spell ended so abruptly. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I see Neilson has dropped out of the Scotland u21 squad but a certain Connor McAvoy has returned. 

Obviously that injury maybe have changed things, but I thought in his brief time as starter before that injury. That he looked better than neilson. Really thought he looked a player and he would be a perfect replacement for neilson as such if the option was once again there. Mcbeth till 2027 is stunning business from the club and I’m absolutely thrilled with the news as he seems to get better every week and with a proper full-time pre season behind him he will be a cult hero by the time next season ends! Crawford I’m not excited by but not unhappy with either. Keep them coming and a good window should give us a good crack at a title next year. We need at least 2 wingers who can start and chip in with goals most importantly imo. A tomi level backup striker and a good McMillan replacement and we will be there or there abouts.

Edited by Doolan9

When McAvoy was with us I think he played on the right of the centre back pair, so wouldn’t be a direct replacement for Neilson. I don’t think we did Neilson any favours playing him on the left. He didn’t look comfortable there either as centre back or in midfield.

Would be delighted to see McAvoy back but he recently got an extension with Fulham so I think they may want to loan him to a higher level.

He seemed to really enjoy his time here going by his socials and he was better than Neilson so I’d take him in a heartbeat.

58 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Would be delighted to see McAvoy back but he recently got an extension with Fulham so I think they may want to loan him to a higher level.

I'd normally go along with that- and you're probably still right - but from what I can see he's played 195 minutes of reserve league football since the injury at Morton in March 2023, returning in April 2024 just in time for the season to finish. So they might want to loan him out at this level again to build him back up.