The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

As a squad player, yes. Can definitely blow hot and cold, but think he’s got decent quality in him played in the right team. Wouldn’t be fussed if he signed elsewhere though, he possibly wouldn’t get in our best starting XI of last season if all players were fit. He’s probably not good enough for the step up but imagine he could have 1 or 2 championship offers, and Doolan seemed to like him. 

Agree. He also looked absolutely done in by the play offs. I guess if that was his first season of first team football, that might explain it though.

9 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Would you guys take Kerr mcinroy back? Saw he was in your team at the start of the season, then possibly fell out of the starting 11 towards the end? 

Not for me. Has a good left foot but just too inconsistent for me.

I still don't know his best position and I doubt he would have been a regular for Dundee United or Raith Rovers last season.

Basically a slightly tubby 2013 era Ross Forbes with more pace but not as good with his left peg.

I’d take McInroy. I think his best position is probably in behind the striker, where he’s not as good as Robinson but he’s a very different player - and you can’t rely on Robinson to stay fit for a full season. He’s also a goal threat from midfield which is something that Stanway, Bannigan or McBeth - possibly Crawford too - don’t really provide.

I wouldn’t have him as an automatic starter, but I think he’s a good player to have in the squad.

7 minutes ago, Passionate said:

According to our thread we are in for Rhys Armstrong of Spartans is this the lad that Thistle were / after as well,   You guys heard anything more.

Yes, someone posted on here that we were in for him, but we haven’t heard anything else. If hes a central midfielder of some description, then we’re already pretty stacked in that position so it might make sense that he’d go somewhere else where he’ll play a bit more often. 

4 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Looks like Queens are signing Ross Stewart .

We have had him on loan a few years ago he was very poor has he got any better with experience 

I would love to say yes but the answer to that is hell no. Didn't even look like he had ever played in goals tbh.

10 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Looks like Queens are signing Ross Stewart .

We have had him on loan a few years ago he was very poor has he got any better with experience 

It's always hard for a goalie to get fling into a team that he's got no experience working with.

That being said, you don't need to actively jump out the way of the ball when it comes near you.

Good luck.

If we were building a squad from scratch I think I'd take McInroy but we've already got 7 central midfielders on the books for 3 positions (albeit I'd expect Lyon to move on and maybe MacKenzie to go out on loan) and we've offered Alston a deal. 

I think he probably goes elsewhere and gets a game most weeks. 

When you look at the highlights of our games for last season, McInroy was far better when he played in the position Robinson eventually took.

he ended up getting pegged back as a DM almost and eventually getting pushed out wide when Lawless got hurt.

I thought he had a good game at Airdrie away playoff. 

I’d have him for sure in the squad. It depends if Alston signs or not. You would think the management team will have either moved him off the list now or made him an offer. 

31 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

A cracking trip by our usual pre-season standards, shame National Rail are showing it's a rail replacement bus service that day.

I believe this game was part of the deal for Luke McBeth .

35 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

A cracking trip by our usual pre-season standards, shame National Rail are showing it's a rail replacement bus service that day.

Actually gutted about the rail thing. Thought we would have taken a right good train load down on a summers afternoon for a cracking day out.

there will be more thistle fans on the train than seats on the bus so it does cause some problems. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

A good move, imo. I wasn’t at the Raith home game but the atmosphere against Airdrie with this was sensational - obviously the occasion and way the match went helped, but still. 

Agreed, glad to see this arrangement made permanent.

I have to admit, I wasn't originally a big fan of the whole "ultras" movement in Scottish football (and it still has its flaws with certain clubs' groups thinking it gives them a reason to act like morons) but at Thistle it's worked really well this past year or so. For all the stick he's taken over the years, Manpreet along with his brother and their mates have done a tremendous job of acting as leaders in it all; creating a dialogue with the club, setting up the section/displays, and keeping some of the more, erm, exuberant young fans in check.

The atmosphere has improved a lot in the Lambie (where it was already pretty decent to begin with), and the stand looks so much better on TV, highlights etc with that section visible to the cameras, rather than everyone crammed up into the back few rows of the stand.

Yeah I was at the back row behind that section for the Airdrie playoff and the constant noise was excellent to the point you could only hear the away fans after their goal and even that for about ten seconds; echo above what was said about ultras groups, it's actually worked really well for us. 

My only 'old man yelling at cloud' aspect of this would be the pyro, I just don't get the appeal as it is at the moment, one wee guy flinging on something after a goal doesn't look or feel great and actually takes atmosphere away when the game is stopped to clear it.

I guess it's maybe different if there's dozens on the go at the same time, but I was at a Bologna game last year and their ultras were setting off bangers during the game which had my ears ringing from 50 yards away and that wasn't much fun either. 

But aye, hopefully this section grows as time goes on.