The Partick Thistle thread

4 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Its just attention seeking at this stage.

Like a screaming toddler just wanting lifted up by their mum.

Best ignored.

Aww! It's touching that you still obssess over me! 

6 minutes ago, AlwaysThistle said:

What a weird thing to say. Why wouldn’t you fancy helping out your club? 

Be difficult to do so living in Aberdeen and working vast majority of weekends.

15 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

After the Turner signing it's all gone ...

Ckjlqgv6zhpjkSSN.jpg

That was the pre season-ticket reveal, get the positive vibes out there.

Might have more popping up at strategic points to keep things moving, but probably not till next week.

Got to wonder about McMillan now.

The fact nobody has announced him shows that probably he hadn’t signed a PCA with anyone. Subsequently no further announcement about him signing anywhere and that’s the window been open a week now.

in a climate where most clubs want to get the business end done pre-Euros in prep for pre-season, find it odd that his name has popped up hardly anywhere at all. Could be a good sign?

You could also look at it from the point of view that if he didn't have anything else lined up, he'd have been signed and announced by Thistle already as well.

Could be wrong, but I just have a feeling he'll be away. No idea who to, because he wasn't great last year and you'd imagine that will have put off some of his potential suitors - but aye, I feel like if he was staying we'd know about it.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I'm surprised he hasn't been declared elsewhere.

He was stated to still be in discussions so there is a chance he might stay, even if I'd still think it unlikely, but you never know.

If we can get Byrne and/or Chalmers alongside the Turner/Muirhead signings we have made a real statement there and if you’re McMillan, unless maybe Raith or Livvy are in for you, he could fancy staying and having a right crack at this. 

But certainly the rumours of him being away up a league and PCA here and there can probably be put to bed. We had heard he rejected the clubs initial offer just before the playoffs but perhaps we are still in the process of tabling an offer. Fact he hasn’t yet signed anywhere shows maybe he is still giving everything a bit of consideration.

in any case you would exact the club to have given him a deadline of when to decline/accept so we can go back into the market if needed.

Edited by BigMadMental

5 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

Got to wonder about McMillan now.

The fact nobody has announced him shows that probably he hadn’t signed a PCA with anyone. Subsequently no further announcement about him signing anywhere and that’s the window been open a week now.

in a climate where most clubs want to get the business end done pre-Euros in prep for pre-season, find it odd that his name has popped up hardly anywhere at all. Could be a good sign?

I'd heard a mention last week that he was re-signing, but nothing since.

Personally I'm expecting him to head to Raith for some reason - no knowledge, just a 'feeling'.

4 minutes ago, baba douche said:

I'd heard a mention last week that he was re-signing, but nothing since.

Personally I'm expecting him to head to Raith for some reason - no knowledge, just a 'feeling'.

Quite interesting you say that and Murray is in the paper today saying we are getting outbid by a couple of clubs in the championship, personally I think it’s probably livi and yourselves or maybe ayr , rumours you have offered Byrne 40% more than we have, is it true? 🤷🏻‍♂️ he is a decent player but we have 2 better cm than him and one equally good signed up for next season, rather we knicked chalmers from you than Byrne tbh 

3 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Quite interesting you say that and Murray is in the paper today saying we are getting outbid by a couple of clubs in the championship, personally I think it’s probably livi and yourselves or maybe ayr , rumours you have offered Byrne 40% more than we have, is it true? 🤷🏻‍♂️ he is a decent player but we have 2 better cm than him and one equally good signed up for next season, rather we knicked chalmers from you than Byrne tbh 

The only people who would know that are Shaun Byrne and his agent, really. So unless one of them is leaking that kind of info, then it should probably be treated with skepticism.

I get the feeling Thistle and Rovers will have roughly similar budgets this season, but are choosing to spend it in different ways. If we are out-bidding you for Byrne, and appear to have done for Chalmers as well - that's slightly negated by the fact you appear to have done the same to us for Easton. Stevenson (and Hanlon if/when he signs) won't be cheap either.

I’ll be surprised if McMillan is in the championship at anyone other than us. If there was a Dundee United then aye, maybe, but it seems like a waste of his time.

Still expecting him to rock up at St Johnstone, but the longer it doesn’t happen the more I’m hopeful he stays.

If we’re offering 40% more than Raith for anyone, it’s because they’ve decided to low ball them rather than because they can’t afford anything more than that. I’d err on the side of Murray chatting shite tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

The only people who would know that are Shaun Byrne and his agent, really. So unless one of them is leaking that kind of info, then it should probably be treated with skepticism.

I get the feeling Thistle and Rovers will have roughly similar budgets this season, but are choosing to spend it in different ways. If we are out-bidding you for Byrne, and appear to have done for Chalmers as well - that's slightly negated by the fact you appear to have done the same to us for Easton. Stevenson (and Hanlon if/when he signs) won't be cheap either.

I agree bud, our defence was our Achilles heel last season but we have players who can hurt teams up top, rudden wasn’t great for us and was disappointing but I don’t think we will spend our budget in one go .

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’ll be surprised if McMillan is in the championship at anyone other than us. If there was a Dundee United then aye, maybe, but it seems like a waste of his time.

Still expecting him to rock up at St Johnstone, but the longer it doesn’t happen the more I’m hopeful he stays.

If we’re offering 40% more than Raith for anyone, it’s because they’ve decided to low ball them rather than because they can’t afford anything more than that. I’d err on the side of Murray chatting shite tbh. 

He might be and maybe tempering expectations on Byrne signing for someone else, he isn’t a necessity for us imo Stanton, broonie are better and matthews as good. See what happens if he signs for us tomorrow I will be drooling over him on our thread 😂😂