The Partick Thistle thread

I'd like to see Adeloye back. We were fine on Saturday for a first game of the season, and it's great to have goals come from the midfield and elsewhere, but I am worried that we rely too much on Brian Graham as the target man. I know he'll continue to score as long as he's fit, but to have someone more dynamic alongside or to replace him would be my main ask. Wasiri was good at right back, but lacks a bit of confidence going forward / taking on his man. A right back who can run down the line and fire over crosses is a must. If only Mustapha Dumbaya was younger, not crocked, etc!

As for the third kit, I am hoping it's honking, as I've already forked out for three goalie kits and the training top... 😄

He missed more than he scored , mainly down to lack of sharpness which he admitted himself a few times.

So could easily have been more with the right amount of minutes. He became more consistent once he was getting 25-30 instead of 5-10mins

the day we played Arbroath at Firhill he shoulda been on 4 goals easy. 

On 16/07/2024 at 14:16, Griff Sheridan said:

A right back who can run down the line and fire over crosses is a must. If only Mustapha Dumbaya was younger, not crocked, etc!

Dumbaya was only good when angry, don’t forget the passive shitebag we were mostly accustomed to.

Can’t remember who it was against but I remember his shoulder check on someone after a bad challenge. Prompting him to go on to play an absolute worldie…only to attempt an overhead kick and land on his neck and injurying himself 🙃

Edited by cilitbang

It’s been presumed for a while anyway but happy he’s not staying. He had a good few weeks over the course of the season but offered nothing 80% of the time. Presuming he’ll be confirmed by another club pretty soon.

2 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Back to Falkirk? 🤷‍♂️

Wouldn't think so. His second spell here was a bit of a shiter and I'm not sure where he fits into McGlynns style really. We are well covered in midfield anyway. 

Would think even just his 2 games vs Raith last season might convince another club at this level to give him a 1 year deal but after we'd signed Turner and Crawford there was no scope for him signing with us again barring a massive pre-season injury crisis.

20 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

I think he could offer us something at Raith, 6 goals last season for a guy who you guys  say was invisible for the season is not bad.

Just his style of play really. He said after a game at Cappielow that he does his best work of the ball.

Always seemed to have at least one good chance at goal every game he played.

At the very least if he went to Rovers it means he can't score against you.

4 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Back to Falkirk? 🤷‍♂️

No chance.

Great in his first spell with us but we are very well covered in midfield now.

I would think Dunfermline would be interested as they are apparently shite and he is a local.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

No chance.

Great in his first spell with us but we are very well covered in midfield now.

I would think Dunfermline would be interested as they are apparently shite and he is a local.

Would not be surprised if he rocks up at Methil  and signs for Uncle Fester

I think by his own admission (prior to the play off games) Alston was mostly poor last season. He had a few flashes (his goal v Morton a personal highlight) but not enough to warrant a new deal IMO and certainly not after we’d brought Turner and Crawford back. Wish him well. Could definitely see him turn up at the likes of a Dunfermline. 

Think he’s likely to sign for either ourselves, Queens Park or Hamilton. Wouldn’t be averse to us giving him a one year deal just for depth and experience.