The Partick Thistle thread

4 hours ago, Bazza The Jag said:

Looking Forward to the game tonight, lets hope that we don't have McCall back to haunt us :)

McCall is a wiley old fox ,has made some shrewed signings, will have done his homework on us and would imagine himself or Scally would have watched us in run up to this game .That being said I believe we have too much in our tank for him and his manky nomads.

2-0 Jags .

Just bumped into McCall at the food van on Queen Margaret Drive. Full Clyde gear on, so I guess he’s past the ‘wear your old club’s branded trackies’ phase

28 minutes ago, EwanMubs25 said:

Just bumped into McCall at the food van on Queen Margaret Drive. Full Clyde gear on, so I guess he’s past the ‘wear your old club’s branded trackies’ phase

He's probably got his Ayr trackie bottoms.Used to see him half and half when first back at Thistle .

4 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

20240723_184334.thumb.jpg.8cfd843a279dd7f393bc5ccddf233b73.jpg

Looks like Milne's knock on Saturday was worse than thought?

Unusual as Doolan never made any mention of it in his interview, said mackay was back and that should be us back to full strength. So wondering it happened in training after the interview had taken place and hopefully is just a precaution to ensure he can play against the well/ opening league game. 

The twitter account says it's a knock for Milne, I still think we need cover at left back unless the right back we end up signing can also play there without it being too much of a drop off. Don't fancy O'Reilly there at all.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Watching your game on Premier Sports website. 

Surely a goal of the season contender for Ashcroft? 

I can only remember us conceding that type of own goal three times and all three have been against Clyde at Firhill. 

35 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I can only remember us conceding that type of own goal three times and all three have been against Clyde at Firhill. 

It’s the kind of own goal you score when playing diddy outfits to make them think they have a chance. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Well lads, kudos for saving us that 1700 a week. Much appreciated.

Calm down son, we are still 3/4 signings away from greatness. Was always gonna happen McCall mastermind.

Conceding 5 goals from the Montrose and Clyde games from 6 shots on target (BBC stats, obvs 1 x OG doesn't factor in the shots on target) is either an unsustainable freak or a sign we're not giving up many chances but when we do they're basically tap-ins? Even allowing for Ashcroft's performance tonight we've got centre halves that should be at least functional at this level.

We just looked off after the first 5 minutes tonight, so much of our play over the last 2 years has been Milne & Fitzpatrick and McMillan & Lawless overpowering teams down the wings. The difference tonight with two centre halves behind the two wingers when Clyde could just double up on the wingers was stark. I'll be charitable to Chalmers and say he hasn't got going yet and maybe when we get our starting right back in there might be a bit more of a connection. MacKay at least had one good run when he came on and looked rapid compared to his bambi on ice efforts vs Montrose. 

We were due a stinker in this competition. Most of the FT sides have had one over the years against lower league opposition but we’ve been generally very reliable since the League Cup format was introduced.

A shame that our eventual howler had to happen against that loser McCall and the wee team who we can’t stop scoring really stupid own goals against, obviously, but we were definitely due.

Ashcroft was stinking, Wasiri not much better, and I really don’t know what Crawford offers to this squad that we didn’t already have.

A starting RB is an absolute must-sign ASAP. And hopefully Mitchell is ok, otherwise GK becomes an even bigger priority.

If Mitchell’s injury is bad that could be a massive issue. I’m sure we could get a keeper quite quickly but it most likely won’t be one of much quality. We’ve been in the market for a keeper all summer and haven’t found the right one yet.

Two full backs needed too.