The Partick Thistle thread

Yeah I think a half 1 kick off would have made sense for this on the basis that it gives folk who want to watch both games time to get to their desired place in time for 5pm and it's not a stupidly early kick off time. 

Still better than a Tuesday night so not too many complaints. 

"On 08/09/2024 at 00:28, DazzJag said:

Id give him a piggy back/go carry/ any teuchter variation of this back to Ayrshire, Dundee or Wish in the Jack Grealish section he chooses. Absolutely rank "

Coal carry.

Back in the olden days we used to have a hole in a wall full of burning black stones (coal) to warm the whole house.  A sack of said stones was carried to your home on the back of a strong man if you paid him enough.

The youth of today....     

1 minute ago, 0neTeamInGlasgow said:

I know the usual suspects will downvote me but as much as it was an acceptable result today it was still pish. We are going nowhere, mid table pish at best this season. 

Everyone else is pish as well though.

Every team we have played has also been pish 

24 minutes ago, 0neTeamInGlasgow said:

I know the usual suspects will downvote me but as much as it was an acceptable result today it was still pish. We are going nowhere, mid table pish at best this season. 

I agree with you, but also disagree at the sane time.

The Ayr team we played today aren’t a title winning side. They were incredibly meh; just a nothing team who have won a few games early without really having anything about them, but seem to have started well in the league for whatever reason.

We weren’t great, but I do think we have it in us to take it to the supposed best teams in the league. I think our new lineup has been slow to mesh under Doolan but today was a decent performance that I hope we’ll be able to take into our next batch of league games. It’s 4/5 at home for the next month or so, and I’d be hoping for at least 10 points from those 5 games to cement ourselves in the playoff picture by the end of October.

10 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

Everyone else is pish as well though.

Every team we have played has also been pish 

Falkirk are the only exception to this, thought they looked very good when we played them a few weeks ago. Missed the game yesterday and the Raith game, but everyone else we’ve played has been just as pish as us. The most frustrating result has been Morton at home first game though. They were an absolute gang, and we should’ve beaten them. 

Before you shoot me down to clarify I don't think we playing well, poorly in fact, but what I will say I think we have the best squad in the league but the confidence in the team is very low as was proved again yesterday as they came out with hunger & enthusiasm but as soon as Ayr got a hold of the ball we looked deflated again. Then again when we scored it looked like we moved the ball better again & ultimately looked like the team that would go on and win.

If we can build a few wins into the upcoming home games who knows that confidence can come back, bear in mind we also have an injury list that's probably the worst in league (without checking the facts), all these players when they come back can only boost the team?

13 minutes ago, colliedug said:

bear in mind we also have an injury list that's probably the worst in league

No that’s Ayr United , out yesterday ( mainly all starters )

McMann, Musonda, Devlin, Russ,(  Mutch & Stone our first choice goalkeepers ) and lose another 2 players during game with injuries  Dowds and Murphy 

2 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

What's the script with Robinson ?,long term injury again ?.Could really use his presence in midfield. 

Out for about a month, something to do with inflammation on a tendon in his foot.

23 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Out for about a month, something to do with inflammation on a tendon in his foot.

The wee man just does not have any luck.A real dynamo and pest for defences when on form for us .

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

No that’s Ayr United , out yesterday ( mainly all starters )

McMann, Musonda, Devlin, Russ,(  Mutch & Stone our first choice goalkeepers ) and lose another 2 players during game with injuries  Dowds and Murphy 

Personally I think Browns comments about being the fittest team in the league may bite him in the areas because there’s a chance he’s ran them into the ground early doors. 

7 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

Personally I think Browns comments about being the fittest team in the league may bite him in the areas because there’s a chance he’s ran them into the ground early doors. 

You can’t account for injuries that are sustained through contact in matches. 

Mutch has been injured since last season and Devlin and Musonda would’ve gotten injured under any manager such is their track record. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can’t account for injuries that are sustained through contact in matches. 

Mutch has been injured since last season and Devlin and Musonda would’ve gotten injured under any manager such is their track record. 

Giving them all extra “fitness” training isn’t going to do them any good.

will see how fit Ayr are in the New Year, happy to stand corrected then,if I am wrong.

what actually happened to Dowds? 

2 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

Giving them all extra “fitness” training isn’t going to do them any good.

will see how fit Ayr are in the New Year, happy to stand corrected then,if I am wrong.

what actually happened to Dowds? 

Given how slow and easy to bully we were last season I think it’s doing us a lot of good this season. As I’ve said, the training isn’t going to have anything to do with Marco Rus getting kicked about because he’s far too good for most opposition at this level. If everyone was blowing out their arse after half an hour and couldn’t move then I’d be worried about training but so far it’s nothing to do with that. 

Dowds looked to twist and fall awkwardly yesterday and looked in pain. Think it could be a bad one. 

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Given how slow and easy to bully we were last season I think it’s doing us a lot of good this season. As I’ve said, the training isn’t going to have anything to do with Marco Rus getting kicked about because he’s far too good for most opposition at this level. If everyone was blowing out their arse after half an hour and couldn’t move then I’d be worried about training but so far it’s nothing to do with that. 

Dowds looked to twist and fall awkwardly yesterday and looked in pain. Think it could be a bad one. 

That would be a shame for Dowds. He had started well for us too, without bagging as many goals, got injured and then was pretty meh when he came back, fell down the pecking order and out the door.

Was a bit dubious about the signing of Miles Roberts when it happened. What a goalie he has been so far. Another couple of cracking saves yesterday too, not afraid to come and collect a cross either.

14 minutes ago, Maine said:

Was a bit dubious about the signing of Miles Roberts when it happened. What a goalie he has been so far. Another couple of cracking saves yesterday too, not afraid to come and collect a cross either.

I know it is still early days, but he is the best keeper we have had since Cerny.