The Partick Thistle thread

As I said the other day, not really a massive loss as he’s ultimately not good enough to be much more than backup where we are, and certainly not good enough for where we want to be, but a shame to see Wasiri go. He really does seem like a fantastic guy - that podcast he did with Brian Welsh was a tough listen in places but he came across brilliantly - and I sincerely hope that it works out for him whatever’s next. I can see him having a long career playing in the Conference down south, and good luck to him. 

57 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

That's Wasiri officially gone, from a footballing perspective seems odd to do it now as he won't be able to play for anyone until January (unless he goes miles down the English pyramid, maybe? ) and we're never far from an injury crisis. 

Hopefully all is OK with his partners health and it's just about getting back down south ahead of signing for someone in January. 

Can't fault him for effort but not up to this level on a consistent basis. 

He has retweeted some Dundalk stuff so he could be away back there possibly.

Pretty sure he said on his podcast that he wasn’t with partner any more.

1 hour ago, BigMadMental said:

He has retweeted some Dundalk stuff so he could be away back there possibly.

Pretty sure he said on his podcast that he wasn’t with partner any more.

He couldn’t register to play for them until 1st December, so unlikely.

11 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

More incredible vintage footage uncovered, a cup shock vs. Hamilton Accies (then 2nd tier) at Firhill on 26 January 1952. The conditions are beyond belief, different days indeed! Full match hub developed to celebrate the find, read all about it...

Thistle 0 Accies 1 (Scottish Cup 1st Round) →

Fantastic mate. Who scored, Torvill or Dean?

54 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Our game away to Livingston in December has been moved to the Friday for the BBC cameras.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/livingston-game-moved-for-television-coverage/

That’ll be a very low away attendance by our standards. Shite away day, right before Christmas, and now on TV as well.

10 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

That’ll be a very low away attendance by our standards. Shite away day, right before Christmas, and now on TV as well.

Have we got any other scheduled Friday games before then?

We don't seem to have been heavily affected so far, if at all?

Just now, Claudia Gentile said:

Have we got any other scheduled Friday games before then?

We don't seem to have been heavily affected so far, if at all?

This is the first. I imagine the BBC have watched us this season and it's put them off.

Is it still the case that there’s only allowed to be 2 Friday night home games for each club? If so, assuming we’re both in the playoff or, far less likely, title fight then I’d say us v Falkirk second last game is a stick on for one of ours. 

36 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is it still the case that there’s only allowed to be 2 Friday night home games for each club? If so, assuming we’re both in the playoff or, far less likely, title fight then I’d say us v Falkirk second last game is a stick on for one of ours. 

I think they have to visit every ground once, don’t think there’s a limit on clubs 

Ayr will have been shown 3 times by mid November. 

39 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Yep,,  deal is max of 20 games with max of 2 per home club.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Stupid question time but I assume when you buy the Jags Foundation top the whole names thing on the top they just take from your membership?

I believe so, but I got an email from them to confirm the name as well. 

8 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Stupid question time but I assume when you buy the Jags Foundation top the whole names thing on the top they just take from your membership?

When you order (if you're only ordering one) we take by default what your name is on our membership database.

If you want a different name, or are ordering multiples, you can either put it in the "order notes" what name you want or email us the names. We've also been using a form emailed out to folk every so often asking them to confirm or update the order info we hold.

So belt and braces!

Reading about the Shakespearean tragedy unfolding in the Highlands and the amounts of debt involved.

I was in my teens when the Save The Jags campaign started but I remember how it pretty much exploded with fundraising events and all sorts. This was.pre-internet too.

I'm just reflecting on how great an effort that was for such a small club (us, not the teuchter Frankenstein outfit) to pull itself back from the brink.

I'd actually love to read a retrospective of that period to get a better understanding of the severity of the debt and how the f**k we got out of it. I remember getting relegated to Div2 and essentially thinking that this was it for us.

6 hours ago, velo army said:

Reading about the Shakespearean tragedy unfolding in the Highlands and the amounts of debt involved.

I was in my teens when the Save The Jags campaign started but I remember how it pretty much exploded with fundraising events and all sorts. This was.pre-internet too.

I'm just reflecting on how great an effort that was for such a small club (us, not the teuchter Frankenstein outfit) to pull itself back from the brink.

I'd actually love to read a retrospective of that period to get a better understanding of the severity of the debt and how the f**k we got out of it. I remember getting relegated to Div2 and essentially thinking that this was it for us.

I am just trying to figure out how they are talking of losses of circa 3 million this season, I mean how? WTF are they spending it on....