The Partick Thistle thread

It depends on Archie's targets and the budget. If Higgy was one of the higher earners in the team then he wasn't really justifying it and I'd rather we got someone else. If he wasn't then he'd be worth taking on for another year in hope he could recreate his form from the tail end of the 13/14 season.

I'd suspect it's the former so I'd be happy for us to move on and find someone else.

I see Dunfermline have us as playing them behind closed doors on 8th July.

At the moment we've got

Saturday 4th July - East Stirling (probably the u20s)

Wednesday 8th July - Dunfermline (behind closed doors)

Saturday 11th July - Dumbarton (behind closed doors)

Tuesday 21st July - Wigan (H)

Saturday 25th July - Rotherham (H)

Saturday 1st August - 1st game of the Premier League season

So unless they've got a decent friendly pencilled in for Saturday 18th looks like there won't be an English trip this pre-season.

We announced Fleetwood and Spain on the 30th May but didn't announce Belfast until 7th July so there's still a chance of something half decent being announced.

I'd hoped Freddie could've got us a tour of Belgium. Oh well.

I thought the one player likely to be experiencing a change of heart would be Balatoni, despite the farewell tweet. I'd heard that he was *very* close to signing a new deal only one day prior to that.

Higgy's departure seemed definite at the PotY evening. If there was any substance to the Hibs rumour then surely that's been scuppered by Carmichael's signing.

Just to add, if it is Higgy then I wouldn't waste time discussing whether or not he should 'get more'. If he does sign again then it will be on the terms offered to him before the end of the season.