The Partick Thistle thread

I did wonder with Clough getting the bullet from Sheffield United whether the plethora of Scots there would start to make their way back up the road, but no idea how many are out of contract, or realistic targets for clubs at our level.

Reliable sources* tell me Halliday is now in Ibiza after attending the Champions League final so I would not expect him, if he is the player the Stinger is talking about, to sign this week.

FWIW, he'd be a good signing.

* His twitter.

Ps. I'm buzzing about O'Donnell possibly deciding to stay. Sting's gave me a glimmer of hope, a 1% possibility, and now I can't stop thinking about it. Please GOD SOD.

For absolutely no reason whatsoever, I think O'Donnell's going to re-sign for us. He was in my work on Sunday and I asked him to stay at Thistle and his missus/wife/whoever was with him shouted to me that he's not staying on, but I've somehow managed to convince myself he's staying. I'm deluded.

Please.

Manny Panther IMO

You're not too far from the truth. I heard that Pomme Frites are going to be our new sponsor. Our mascot is going to be a cone of chips.

SOD is gone. I would love it if he stayed but I can't see it. Like Armand 2 says, IF one of the players who are meant to be gone are staying it'll be Higgy because the teams interested have decided no.

Halliday would be a great signing but I would expect to be go to Rangers.

I see Dunfermline have us as playing them behind closed doors on 8th July.

At the moment we've got

Saturday 4th July - East Stirling (probably the u20s)

Wednesday 8th July - Dunfermline (behind closed doors)

Saturday 11th July - Dumbarton (behind closed doors)

Tuesday 21st July - Wigan (H)

Saturday 25th July - Rotherham (H)

Saturday 1st August - 1st game of the Premier League season

So unless they've got a decent friendly pencilled in for Saturday 18th looks like there won't be an English trip this pre-season.