The Partick Thistle thread

Still think the plastic pitch will rule out a move to Killy. Easter Road would be a better bet but unless the guy gets a seriously good offer I can still see him resigning.

Just think we're a good match and I think he enjoys playing at Firhill.

He's gone.

Every one of the options for Young Player were underwhelming to be fair. I voted for McDaid on the basis that he has a credible chance of a future at the club and it might have been a boost for him.

Very happy with the Cerny signing, undoubtedly an improvement on Fox as far as I'm concerned. I'd have been very concerned if we were starting with Scully this season who I'm not a fan of at all, but we've now got two established top flight goalkeepers guaranteed for the rest of next season. Shite goalkeepers can be right at the heart of a team's troubles, as can be seen from the four who finished below us this season. So we're already at a bit of an advantage over several others.

Edited by Firhill Road

What is Cerny like with the ball at his feet? Just thinking quick counter attacks, keeping possession by not resorting to hoofing it + defenders not having to be shit scared to pass it back to the keeper

From his days at Accies, I'd say his kicking is his weakest point. He may have improved but he never looked comfortable with the ball at his feet for Accies.

According to Evening Times Archie has given Lawless a 12 YEAR! extension to his contract? No wonder the budget is tight!

I BET that's incorrect ;)

I don't know too much about Vigurs. Has he been injured?

Is he fast?

Vigurs contribution for 'Well was in inverse proportion to his undoubted ability, "apparently" and "hahahahahaha"

I see too many similarities between Vigurs and Ross Forbes, a player who Archie used sparingly at this level and who didn't quite seem to fit with what the manager was looking for.

For what it's worth, I like Vigurs (and I liked Forbes) and think he'd be an interesting addition but unless Archie intends to change our style slightly, I don't see him fitting in. I think Stevenson is equally suited to playing on the right of an attacking midfield trio as he is in the centre so Vigurs' preferred position may be available - it's just whether his style would complement our other attacking players. I've always gotten the impression that he slows the tempo, much like Forbes, and with Stevenson also having a tendency to do similar, it could prohibit our counter attacking qualities.

I like Vigurs but can't see where he'd play in our system. He'd suit attacking midfield but Stevo's played very well there.

Replacement for Craigen? Would partly fulfil the manager's promise to bring in players that are better than those who've departed.