The Partick Thistle thread

I wonder if SOD is off 'no matter what' or if there's a chance he'll turn down a deal if it doesn't feel right, even if it is more money.

Happy with Cerny. Hope he does well for us. Is his distribution better than Fox's or will we be twiddling our thumbs waiting for the ball to be thrown / kicked out??

He's a fantastic shot stopper but shy when it comes to coming off his line. His tiny frame might be an issue too. For all that though he was and still is well loved by Accies fans. If we lose McGovern it was Cerny the majority of us wanted. Good signing!

With regards to SOD the ideal scenario is if he signs a 2 year deal he continually impresses and the right move comes along for him in Jan transfer window and we make a few quid as well. Everybody wins or is my head in the clouds lol

He's a fantastic shot stopper but shy when it comes to coming off his line. His tiny frame might be an issue too. For all that though he was and still is well loved by Accies fans. If we lose McGovern it was Cerny the majority of us wanted. Good signing!

According to records he is 6ft 1in

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomáš_Černý

With regards to SOD the ideal scenario is if he signs a 2 year deal he continually impresses and the right move comes along for him in Jan transfer window and we make a few quid as well. Everybody wins or is my head in the clouds lol

I'd say there's a 99.9% chance both SOD and Higgy are gone.

edit: if we do assume that, that only leaves Welsh and Duggan (and Taylor, I suppose) from last year's squad that are over 20 to be sorted out and Welsh's tweet suggested he was re-signing. Maybe he's only been offered training facilities or something though.

Duggan's probably got to move on for his own good, with loads of teams playing just one centre forward these days it's hard for a young guy to break through.

Edited by Fuctifano

Looking forward to 7 minute goal kicks from Thistle if they bring him in...

If that helps us from conceding last minute goals then I'm all for it.

What a shrewd man our Archie is, if these guys end up at firhill i hope that silences the doubters that Archie had during our poor spell mid season, c'mon the jags

Archibald was doubted for the performances of the team on the pitch, not for the signings he's made.

Very, very happy with the signing of Cerny. He's got more chance of being Scotland's number one than Scott Fox does.

We've not got a very good history when it comes to signing Amy MacDonald's boyfriends.

I hope not.

Me and Amy MacDonald got off on the wrong foot during the 5-2 win at Airdrie when her man scored 2.

She even gave an interview in The Sun about it.

He's just sent me a text there. Saying he's delighted to have signed for us and he'll see me at our first pre-season match against Wigan. Nice of him to take the time to do that - I never got any texts from that b*****d Scott Fox.

If Taylor also signs this week then I think we're in pretty good condition going into the new season.

Where I think we lack is in a little more creative player options. Yes we have the wee gambler but fact is losing Higgy means it'd be nice to get in another attacking midfielder / winger who can slot in with Stevo and Lawless. Anyone at QOS or Falkirk we can steal!? Young and ready for step up!?

Defensively other than right back we look good and signing of Tommy Cerna is great. So we are moving in right direction. Pretty happy overall.