The Partick Thistle thread

Puns died a death? :(

IMO Amoo looks a neigh baa-d signing. He'll look quacking in your new kit and I don't give a cluck what anyone says about it.

You'd think St Johnstone fans might have a bit of perspective on him, being farmers and all.

Carrol wasn't awful. He filled a role for us at the time. I forgot about the other lad. I agree Elliott isn't the best at RB and probably Archie is looking for another to replace SOD. Overall though we'd agree Archie has shown a good competence for signing some ga down south. Let's hope Amoo is one.

Carroll was awful.

It would seem that Wickham has signed but it also seemed that Magnay had signed last season. I'd be surprised if we were offering the boy a long-term deal when there's a good chance Archie and all probably haven't seen a lot - if any - of him.

He's only 28. I thought that St Johnstone defence were all early to mid 30s.

Miller was on the fringe of things with McKay usually ahead of him at right back.

Gary Miller's always looked decent on the few times that I've seen him in the flesh.

You can see part of Archie's signing strategy beginning to shape up if that one happens... picking up reasonably good players that he thinks will fit into our system but that other clubs don't have a place for. He'll have seen guys like Booth and Miller in Dev Squad games and know what they can do, which I personally think is better than relying on agents and scouts finding random players like Piccolo, Carroll and Mukendi, all of whom were (let's be honest here) gash.

More like Gary Meh-ler, amirite?

He'd probably be a decent fit in that Booth is naturally more attacking and I thought our best combination last year was McMillan on the left being a bit more solid with SOD doing his usual on the right.

Gary Miller would be an excellent signing. A great bombing on full back, although he really needs a very disciplined right midfielder in front of him. He and Brittain were an excellent combination.

Gary Miller could be a good signing if it's true that Wickham may sign as well, the Wickham boy may be one for the future if he signs long term as previously posted and learn from Miller. It would mean archie is keeping with the idea of young talent being hungry for first team football

Edited by colliedug

Carroll always looked more of a wingback than a fullback. When we played Hamilton they just lobbed balls over him and he was caught out of position time and time again. Hartlepool are going for a back 5 so he will probably do alright there.

Edit: The interviews on the OS are free to view for now whilst they sort out TAG for anyone that wants to watch Amoo's interview

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

Gary Miller could be a good signing if it's true that Wickham may sign as well, the Wickham boy may be one for the future if he signs long term as previously posted and learn from Miller. It would mean archie is keeping with the idea of young talent being hungry for first team football

Darnell fisher is a fucking appalling player. f**k that.

What they said. Fisher is gash. My brother is a Celtic fan and he said he'd be happy to never see Fisher near a Celtic shirt again. Have heard us linked with a move for him before but nothing has ever happened. Hopefully it stays that way. Miller seems like it would be a decent move, would far rather that.

Carroll always looked more of a wingback than a fullback. When we played Hamilton they just lobbed balls over him and he was caught out of position time and time again.

His positioning was terrible and particularly bad in this game. Would either sit in as a third centre half, or be way too far out on the wing. A dreadful player.