The Partick Thistle thread

19 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

The only redundancy I know of was Ross Quayle and he ended up with a nice job with JEL more or less straight away.

Relegation brings redundancies 99/100. Last season was the exception as far as I can recall.

Graeme does analysis work for the team and various other duties. He gave KM a lift from La Manga airport for example.

I think there was 8 or 9 redundancies.

Would it be correct to assume his wage comes out the playing budget if the majority of his work is player related? 

Edited by dave.j

50 minutes ago, dave.j said:

I think there was 8 or 9 redundancies.

Would it be correct to assume his wage comes out the playing budget if the majority of his work is player related? 

I’ve no idea tbh. Maybe his position changed due to the restructuring of the job responsibilities? Analyst seems to be a growing role in coaching teams so you could be assuming correctly?

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

Tbh I think he’s an incomplete fanny on account of lacking either warmth or depth.

He’s quite a good laugh and quite amendable on the couple of times I’ve met him. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Great news until its revealed it was a friendly between your first team and reserves, IMO.

They're still better than the Eastern European farmers that regularly knock your team out of Europe.

Image result for booya parks and rec

Just now, jagfox99 said:

ANNOUNCE SHANKLAND 😇🙏✍✍

United offered him £3k a week, plus £200k signing fee, according to rumours.

Absolutely mental.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

United offered him £3k a week, plus £200k signing fee, according to rumours.

Absolutely mental.

Putting a lot of eggs in the one basket there. He was magnificent up until January then injured and distinctly average up to season's end.

7 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Putting a lot of eggs in the one basket there. He was magnificent up until January then injured and distinctly average up to season's end.

Don't know the details of the  Dundee United offer but a source close to DU indicated that Shankland had a couple of other offers from England that he looked on more favourably than theirs