The Partick Thistle thread

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Your club wish they could get even close to being in our shadow.

Lennon signed a new contract with you because he knew we’ve got another target lined up anyway. So congratulations on that.

This is primary school patter. You approached us for him then got told naw. So now you've wanted McCall all along. Your reaction to it all is hilarious 😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

This is primary school patter. You approached us for him then got told naw. So now you've wanted McCall all along. Your reaction to it all is hilarious 😂😂😂😂😂

Gary Caldwell got sacked on Wednesday.

Ian McCall met with Gerry Britton on Thursday.

Just because news of an approach for McCall only broke today doesn’t mean the approach was actually made today, you simpleton.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Think that's a really poor post.

McCall has been very honest about his issues with gambling and has been very honest about his battle against them.

I don't think having a laugh at a guy's mental health issues is cool at all. Why would it be amusing if he caved in to an addiction that he's fought for a long time? I get rivalry but going personal is way out of line, and thinking that something like an addiction issue is funny and a target is the mark of a horrendous scummy edgelord moron.

Surely you're better than that?

Its reality my friend didnt he borrow money fron club to pay his gambling debts off a seriously underwhelming appointment yet again in my eyes and definately damaged goods.

Just now, Nightmare said:

Just because news of an approach for McCall only broke today doesn’t mean the approach was actually made today, you simpleton.

Clyde boss Danny Lennon has extended his contract until 2021-22 amidst interest from Partick Thistle in him.

Thistle had been denied permission to speak to former player Lennon.

Lennon, 50, led the League One side to promotion last term. He spent four years at Firhill as a player between 1999 and 2003.

"It was flattering to be considered in the mix for the vacant manager's position at Partick Thistle, a full-time club in a higher division, with whom I have a positive history in my playing days," Lennon told the Clyde 

"However, I am grateful for the excellent working relationship I have here at Clyde with the chairman, board, coaching staff and playing staff."

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Think that's a really poor post.

McCall has been very honest about his issues with gambling and has been very honest about his battle against them.

I don't think having a laugh at a guy's mental health issues is cool at all. Why would it be amusing if he caved in to an addiction that he's fought for a long time? I get rivalry but going personal is way out of line, and thinking that something like an addiction issue is funny and a target is the mark of a horrendous scummy edgelord moron.

Surely you're better than that?

Says the guy whose team appoints soft as shite managers such as Alan Johnston and Steve Crawford lol wise up min

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I can taste the tears and seethe through my phone. It tastes gooooooood.

Best of luck to Danny Lennon and hopefully his Clyde team will be playing plenty of games in the second tier of Scottish football. I love it when a wee cuddly toy does well.

Back on the topic of actual importance I am pleased if the McCall/Archie package comes to pass, and assume it’s part of a #5YearPlan whereby McCall secures #JustACoupleMorePlayers to put us #InTheMix before he becomes #DirectorOfFootball while Archie or Doolan #TakeTheReins and #BringTheScottishCupBackHomeToMaryhill.

3 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Clyde boss Danny Lennon has extended his contract until 2021-22 amidst interest from Partick Thistle in him.

Thistle had been denied permission to speak to former player Lennon.

Lennon, 50, led the League One side to promotion last term. He spent four years at Firhill as a player between 1999 and 2003.

"It was flattering to be considered in the mix for the vacant manager's position at Partick Thistle, a full-time club in a higher division, with whom I have a positive history in my playing days," Lennon told the Clyde 

"However, I am grateful for the excellent working relationship I have here at Clyde with the chairman, board, coaching staff and playing staff."

Your point?

Clubs are allowed to have an interest in interviewing more than one person for an available position.

7 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Its reality my friend didnt he borrow money fron club to pay his gambling debts off a seriously underwhelming appointment yet again in my eyes and definately damaged goods.

I don't know if he did borrow money to pay his debts, but he's acknowledged his issues. It might be an underwhelming appointment in your view, and that's fine.

What's not fine is having a go at the guy for his past issues and laughing at them. I think that's really shite behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Says the guy whose team appoints soft as shite managers such as Alan Johnston and Steve Crawford lol wise up min

What? Genuinely don't get your point here, or the relevance.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't know if he did borrow money to pay his debts, but he's acknowledged his issues. It might be an underwhelming appointment in your view, and that's fine.

What's not fine is having a go at the guy for his past issues and laughing at them. I think that's really shite behaviour.

What? Genuinely don't get your point here, or the relevance.

This Cicero claims to be a st Mirren fan - has he ever commented on a thread that involved them

7 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

Aye, St Mirren have a fine recent track record of hiring managerial icons such as Tommy Craig, Alex Rae and Alan Stubbs.

37 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Great stuff from the Clyde fans on here.

As for me, well I just chuckle every time I drive past Shawfield and see the signs for the greyhounds.

Aye, fair play to them. It says a lot when their whole support came on here last night to comment about them keeping Danny boy! Top show lads

1 hour ago, milhouse said:

Great stuff from the Clyde fans on here.

As for me, well I just chuckle every time I drive past Shawfield and see the signs for the greyhounds.

Got to get your laughs somewhere , I get mine checking the Championship results on a Saturday, and it's great having a good laugh on a Friday night too.

10 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

This week, yes.

There's one, and he seems to be no older than a teenager, and he's getting quite a lot of bites for his attempts at winding you all up.

Or is this the Clyde thread, because there's a hell of a lot of you here. The priorities of Clyde fans, always bigging us up.