The Partick Thistle thread

I'll head to the game on Saturday, but probably not tonight. Can't be arsed going all the way past Firhill to go home, just to come back again, and reeeeally can't be arsed staying in work late to just go straight there. Not for a friendly.

#dedication

Edited by forameus

I'll head to the game on Saturday, but probably not tonight. Can't be arsed going all the way past Firhill to go home, just to come back again, and reeeeally can't be arsed staying in work late to just go straight there. Not for a friendly.

#dedication

There is a third option :guinness

I'll be there because I'm a true fan like rednyella.

Our team will be:

Cerny

Miller Frans Lindsey Booth

Fraser Welsh

Lawless Wilson Amoo

Trialist

If that is right then I'm a fucking genius.

I'm that excited about tonights friendly I'm skipping it and playing virtual fitbaw on FIFA instead. Only friendlies worth going to are those with good drunken away trips or v glamour teams.

Edited by mrcat1990

I'm playing 7s so I can't make it, but I'd have maybe sacked that if ATS was playing. Couldn't name you a Wigan player.

Edit- Had a look. I'd have maybe went to shout abuse at Don Cowie.

Edited by Smurph

0-0 HT. Excellent in the first 20, Wigan had most of the ball since. Hendry looking comfortable. Osman dominant. Welsh got a knock. Lawless looking lively as usual. Amoo = rapid

ETA: Osman wearing the armband over Welsh. Makes sense since there's a chance Welsh could be off in a couple months (hopefully not though).

Edited by Reid

Two big positives for me were Hendry and Welsh.

Hendry was more impressive than Frans, who as Nizzy said looked a bit jittery at times. Hendry's not going to get pushed about, and would also be a threat at set pieces. I would be quite happy on him starting against Hamilton on that evidence, although he did stand off a bit at the goal.

Welsh was great first half. Plays the game completely at his own pace, and oozes class. Probably one of my favourite ever Thistle players to watch. I think he's defo above Fraser in the reckoning, and I think Archie will probably start him if fit. I just don't know if Osman, Banzo and Welsh is too defensive. Time will tell.

Thought Amoo was meh, but hopefully he's just one of these players who never gets going till the main event.