The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, JudgeMudge said:

Reece Cole out of contract. Can’t seem him wanting to come back. Not sure he’d be high on the list or where to spend limited funds.

Will go to a higher league. 

Recently purchased a remake of the 93/94 away strip online. Decent quality and only selling as it didn't fit. Size ordered was Medium but I'd say it's closer to a small. Have a look if you're interested. 

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=333646782732&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

IMG_20200706_164612.jpg

16 minutes ago, Jagtastic81 said:

Recently purchased a remake of the 93/94 away strip online. Decent quality and only selling as it didn't fit. Size ordered was Medium but I'd say it's closer to a small. Have a look if you're interested. 

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=333646782732&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

IMG_20200706_164612.jpg

I hate that strip. Bowfin"

22 hours ago, Jagtastic81 said:

That wasn’t a real strip, was it? Looks like an attempt at sensory disorientation of the opposition. The visual equivalent of a high-pitched scream.

2 hours ago, Duszek said:

That wasn’t a real strip, was it? Looks like an attempt at sensory disorientation of the opposition. The visual equivalent of a high-pitched scream.

It was part of the leisurewear for Italia 90. It came in a few colours.

R-1220261-1489499956-4022.jpeg.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jagtastic81 said:

It was part of the leisurewear for Italia 90. It came in a few colours.

R-1220261-1489499956-4022.jpeg.jpg

Fair enough. ‘leisurewear’ Is probably as good a word as any to describe it.

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It said on the advert it wasn't an original. Is this tat a rip off of the original tat?

Take the plunge.

’that’s... uh... original... leisurewear’ your friends will confirm.

11 hours ago, Duszek said:

It also exists as a passport cover.

Wonder how that would go down with US immigration.

”So... wise guy, huh?”

0A360EF9-65FE-4B56-8D15-5FB7213CC5F5.jpeg

That reminds me of a migraine aura I once had.

I'd league 1 is the right league for Partick thesedays. There fan base has been on the slide for years. Turnout even when they were in the Premier was very disappointing and then that silly grass hill behind the goal. Sad days for the few Jags fans left. Terrible support thesedays and no longer what many would think of as a moderate sized Scottish club. 

Edited by Scott Leitch

11 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

I'd league 1 is the right league for Partick thesedays. There fan base has been on the slide for years. Turnout even when they were in the Premier was very disappointing and then that silly grass hill behind the goal. Sad days for the few Jags fans left. Terrible support thesedays and no longer what many would think of as a moderate sized Scottish club. 

Could be worse though. Could have let our club die.

1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

Probably something to do with the fact, we’ve been awful for three seasons straight. The average match day attendance might be on the slide but it  hardly merits “League 1 is right League for Thistle”. There’s several reasons arguable for where we are, having only 2 and a half thousand fans at a game, instead of 3 or 4, isn’t one of them. Size doesn’t merit achievement, for example, Thistle and Falkirk in League 1, Dunfermline and  Dundee in Championship are all larger than at least 2 Premiership sides. But those Premiership sides deserve to be there and those clubs albeit bigger, don’t. 
Another example is Hearts, who are now a Championship club. Size doesn’t merit League. Also, “Terrible Support” at least they are real faithful football fans, and not glory-hunters and bigots, which you’ll find at the larger 2 Glasgow clubs. 

Edited by JagsCG

At least Thistle got to League 1 through their own lack of hard work on the park and imagination in the board room, and not shoehorned into the lower leagues like some b*****d Frankenstein's monster by terrified old men in suits.